Forums

Help › Forums

Stand bag plus question

Fri, Jul 25 2014 8:03 AM (25 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Apr 7 2014 8:18 PM

LOL - I've got about 50 more days to go before I level up and can get the next club I want, the TaylorMade R11s 3-Wood.

And that means me getting to just level 95.

I got a driver at Lvl 93 (R1), a putter at Lvl 94 (Nike Method) and I get a sleeve of balls about once every 6 days.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:39 AM

ApexPC:
    I've got about 50 more days to go before I level up and can get the next club I want, the TaylorMade R11s 3-Wood.

Funny I was in the same position and was looking at upgrading my R11 to the R11S, thinking it was perhaps my last real upgrade.

But I plumped for the BB3W, partly due to the reviews, partly due to the attributes. Personally I am happy with it, but that said I will rent the R11S if we get a free rental weekend to compare the two. The only advantage the R11S has is price.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:13 AM
    alanti:
    The only advantage the R11S has is price.

...and forgiveness.
  • tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:39 AM

LOL - I just arrived at your level - 97 - and getting to 98 feels like two Mount Everests - piled verticall

Hey Alosso, it took me a year to get from level 97 to 98 lol long slow road, i tried to play at least 5 ranked rounds per day, still took a little over a year, it is more like 2 mount everests sitting on top of 3 empire state buildings lol. Keep plugging away you will reach it :)

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 7:32 AM

Thank you for bolstering me! My prospect for those 251,000 XPs is 280 days, playing for CDP + 20 = 900 points per day.

Right now, there is no real motivation at hand for me:

- a pile of XPs to reach 98, and what for?

- a whole bunch of rounds (140?) missing for saturation, and the game is going south.

- (almost) summer outside and a friend to join for peaceful weekday rounds of the real thing.

- a wife and a garden to tend ;)

And this!

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 12:15 PM

LOL i hear you, i have already played  real life,8 times this year since March 1st :), and today will make 785 days played in a row for me here in wgtland.I sorta kinda love golf lol level 98 to level 99 went pretty quick, now i aim for that Nike covert at level 100 , i sit 208,312 from that level lol another year lol

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 1:38 PM

courteneyfish:
    alanti:
    The only advantage the R11S has is price.

...and forgiveness.

Possibly. Many players I have spoken to who have used both say that the forgiveness in negligible. Perhaps only on paper......

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:10 PM

tramilleo:
    i sit 208,312 from that level lol another year lol

Not that much if you only get your daily dose of CDP, unless your distractions from holidays / work / outdoor golf / Missus etc. is insurmountable :)

Have fun - I'm gonna fight with one of these rare zig-zag holes tomorrow, rectangle + acute angle within 499 yds (the shortcut to the green is less forgiving than it seems).

• Steven1163
    2,912 Posts
    Tue, Apr 8 2014 3:05 PM

MainzMan:

alosso:

Do you know of it's thorns?

You won't be able to resell any club as long as the bag is installed.

I've read several post from people having that problem.  It won't be an issue for me for a long time though, there's nothing I can buy to aid my game until L100 and that's gonna take a while.

Yea sometimes its a fight to get the club removed from your bag....problem is, you have to go in and remove that club and put in the replacement and save each set as you replace that club you want to sell back....also, you have to make sure that club you're selling back isn't also in the original bag or you'll go through all the steps to sell it back, only to get to the last step and it tells you that you cant sell a club equipped  in your bag.

~Steven~

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Jul 24 2014 12:59 PM

Hello!

My question is this:

I believed that purchacing the bag you had the option to choose on the fly (after equiped them of course..) any club you like. For instance if i equip various wedges i could use whatever i liked according wind and distance. Does not work like that? I have to choose before the game a specific set and play with it? If so, what's the purpose of buying the bag?

Probably i miss something here...thanks anyone who'd like to respond.

RSS