Forums

Help › Forums

Is this (Doug1izaerw13.cloudfront.net) an invasion of privacy?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:53 AM (5 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:45 PM

I don't like this. I was surfing the web and decided to check out the WGT forums and at the top of the screen, I was seeing ads from the web sites I had visited. This is not right. I don't need WGT following my every move on the Internet.

WGT needs to come clean about this adware that's now stuck on my computer. I tried to do a forum search on the Doug.net thing, and nothing come up at all. I know there was a thread someone wrote asking what this was. Why is WGT being so secretive about this adware?

I e-mailed WGT about this over a week ago and still haven't heard anything from them on this. Judging from their secrecy on this, I'm probably not going to either.

• strokes11
    19 Posts
    Thu, Sep 16 2010 10:38 PM

No.  Sites advertise all the time by doing things like that using your IP address.  They usually do it with advertisements from businesses in your area though.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 4:37 AM

Richard wgt had a post on this dated 09/01/2010. I would put a link here but not sure how to.

J

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 6:20 AM

Hey John,

Yeah, I saw that thread you're talking about a while back mentioning that is was Kissmetrics, but now it seems to have disappeared. I don't think it's proper for a Internet company to follow our web traffic. I'll start removing it from the Adobe settings manager after I log-out of WGT.

At $700 dollars a month, I hope this Kissmetrics is worth it to WGT.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:18 AM

Richard4168:

Hey John,

Yeah, I saw that thread you're talking about a while back mentioning that is was Kissmetrics, but now it seems to have disappeared. I don't think it's proper for a Internet company to follow our web traffic. I'll start removing it from the Adobe settings manager after I log-out of WGT.

At $700 dollars a month, I hope this Kissmetrics is worth it to WGT.

Good idea Dick. Me thinks I will do the same. 

J

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 9:53 AM

Dick? That's used for making babies. My name is Richard.  : )

RSS