Forums

Help › Forums

Terrible WGT ISSUES

Sat, Feb 29 2020 1:06 PM (158 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:12 PM

After a few games,  game is back at a snails pace.   Played a M/P game and loads looked like I was on Dial-Up.

Must be at Wgt's end because I heard there is quite a few strange things happening.

Just wondering how my Game Options changed in the last couple of days, Has Wgt had an Outage/doing changes in the backround

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:12 PM

duplicate post....lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 4:48 PM

I think it' might be a server issue between you and WGT, Roger, not necessarily on WGT's end. Or the local ISP.  I just breezed through a couple of AS matches with zero problems. If I'm OK and you're not it sounds like something along the route you're connected through.

Just guessing.  :-)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:16 PM

YankeeJim:

I think it' might be a server issue between you and WGT, Roger, not necessarily on WGT's end. Or the local ISP.  I just breezed through a couple of AS matches with zero problems. If I'm OK and you're not it sounds like something along the route you're connected through.

Just guessing.  :-)

This could be correct too.  Public Holiday in our State today.  The only reason why I'm logged on Tue Morn.

Melbourne Cup, there would be every man, woman, kids and there pets logged on....lol

I think though, there is quite a few people have probs at the moment trying to play the game across the world.

• JDShoemaker
    209 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 5:50 PM

OK, I confess, I have been as quick as anyone to jump on the band wagon regarding the jumping meter.  So  some food for thought:

For the last 2 weeks in Sept.  I completed 24 games (rounds) in match play. (That does not count the ones were any or all got disconnected.  During those rounds I as every player the same question:  "Do you experience meter issues on a Regular basis?"

The responses are as follow:  Yes= 43.  No=7 and 15 players did not respond.  That indicates that there is an issue above and beyond everyone responding is having an issue because of their computer setting.  (Notice I said indicates!  And i readily admit that this is in no way an accurate scientific sampling)

Now, that being said I have to do a 180 (Maybe).  I have tried all the "fixes (flash cache, etc)  including trying about 15 different browsers.  Then, suddenly about a month or so ago, I tried Comodo Dragon, as suggested by a member here.  Since then I have to admit that I am experiencing no more meter issues than lousy swing issues on a real golf course.  

So, did WGT fix the issue, or is it just this browser.  I am using the same Windows 8 computer I have been using for the last year.  

So, I am just saying........

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:17 PM

I'd take a molasses slow load...mines like trying to pour an ice cube in the middle of winter.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 6:26 PM

JDShoemaker:
    So, did WGT fix the issue, or is it just this browser.  I am using the same Windows 8 computer I have been using for the last year.  

I would say NO to your Question about Wgt fixing the problem.

Good post.  Everybody has a different puter of all makes and sizes.  As I said before there is not one fix or tip that will help everybody.  Out of the 1000 tips everybody reads, just one will help. Just have to find it....lol

I also say there is some blame that has to go towards Wgt (sorry), because meter probs started to happen when the Adds and Vids started to appear way back in the old days. Not forgetting each new set of clubs or a new course uses more resources 

The game has got bigger, whilst we or most/some are still using the same Pc's we did years ago, so something has to give.

I have both Pepperflash and Shockwave Flash files Enabled and have no problems with the meter, well 98% good.   There still is the odd meter glitch.

Except for today with the stupid slow loads....lol

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Nov 3 2014 9:05 PM
    Mine was awful yesterday but fine now.
  • fancygirl4u
    91 Posts
    Tue, Nov 4 2014 7:25 AM

Just had another ridiculous messed up  game with 4 on alt shot game. Shots were wrong, green speeds for Championship were wrong, breaks lied, wind was no existent. And after all that WGT  kicked us off 3 times then my partner got kicked off and we end up loosing the game. Time to report that to the WGT Complaint Board. Keep doing this WGT, I'm keeping great records of all the wrong responses for you know who.

RSS