# 10 cache : " temporary files "

# 11 cache : " windows error reports "

# 12 cache : "system clutter "

# 13 cache : " memory fragmentation "

# 14 cache : ' unused background files "

# 15 cache : ' fragmented registry "

# 16 cache : ' fragmented hard drive "

# 17 cache : " fragmented program files "

Sorry but most of those have nothing to do with how this game will play. Some have to do with how you computer will run in general terms, but almost all of what is on that list have nothing to do with gaming performance and this game doesn't even qualify as a 'video game' in that sense.

Like YJ, I play this game on an old T61 with 3gb ram... messy wifi.. I never clear caches at all. My meter is fine 99% of the time. Only time it gives issues is when I forget to close the WGT main window, or if I leave my email program running. Hell half the time I have Vuze downloading something and it doesn't affect the meter. 

There is a caveat I must confess, I run a 'black' version of Win7 Ultimate, meaning it's stripped and optimized for gaming, it's what I used when I had my gaming rig running. I'm sure this is helping in some part but still, it's running on a T61 man. Ooooold laptop. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 10:13 AM

dedBuNNy:
    I run a 'black' version of Win7 Ultimate, meaning it's stripped and optimized for gaming,

I simulate this with a dedicated browser and every plug in disabled. The only thing that ever grabs me is AV update once in a blue moon. LOL. Only gets one shot though, easy fix on the fly.  :-)

• fancygirl4u
    91 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:19 AM

WGT has one thing on their mind and that  is MONEY. They just took one of my new Nike balls and I think they owe me one back. Fat chance of that ever happening. This company is a bunch of crocks and  hopefully they will all be in jail. Then just look up Perfect Parallel and go sign up for graphics that actually look and react like a golf course.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 11:37 AM

fancygirl4u:
    They just took one of my new Nike balls and I think they owe me one back.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 1:20 PM

fancygirl4u:

WGT has one thing on their mind and that  is MONEY. They just took one of my new Nike balls and I think they owe me one back. Fat chance of that ever happening. This company is a bunch of crocks and  hopefully they will all be in jail. Then just look up Perfect Parallel and go sign up for graphics that actually look and react like a golf course.

How did WGT take your new Nike? Did you hit it in a lake or OB?

Have you played the PP Golf Game yet? How is it?

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 3:32 PM

YankeeJim:

pdb1:
    Sometimes , all game there is a slow loading player ( that game is usually doomed )

Clearing the cache frequently will cause this. Every time you clear your cache you need to re-DL course files when you play. This slows down down the game and if you throw in a balky load you get a mess. Caches don't need to be cleared religiously.

I agree with Jim.

As I said before, I did clear my cache a few weeks back and I started to have probs. That was the first time since I got my new puter a few months back.

I'm not trying to argue or anything like that,  just a good friendly talk that I've enjoyed reading and hope others reading will get some good tips.

I had a 10yr old Puter running Windows XP.  The things I had to do on that fossil, just to play the game was incredible...lol So I know how hard it is for allot of people.

Since I got the new one, the only thing I've done is to get Adblock and it took me awhile to find a good browser that Windows 8.1 likes.  Settled with Comodo because the others I tried, the meter was pretty bad.   Try Different browsers if the one you are using is terrible

This is a good list of most of the browsers    Warning.  Some have 2 different downloads, make sure you download the browser from the actual site that has made it and not a dodgy site  eg Comodo Dragon has 2 downloads...  one of them is suspect. The one from the Comodo site is good

Chrome based browsers do have a problem with Flash I think, so I have to change browser if I copy and paste anything.

I just log on and play game now.

I do have meter probs, but most of time it runs pretty smooth. Different speeds at times, which bugs me....lol

I had a huge problem with my old pc in Multi Player games. Kept on disconnecting so I stopped playing them to be fair to others. Now, I have no probs with Multi Player games.

Everybody has different Puters. One tip will be good for one person, the same tip will be terrible for another.  Just have to try em all until you stumble on the right Tip or Tips.

-Roger

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 6:34 PM

fancygirl4u:
    They just took one of my new Nike balls and I think they owe me one back.

Anybody want to see why fancywhatever looses balls and misses putts due to whatever?

Have a look at her replays from 11/01/2014...I think you will all see what is ACTUALLY happening. The replay from 09/24/2014 is even better than these others.

I'm not going to say a word..but you will see if you watch them.

fancygirl4u:
    ...go sign up for graphics that actually look and react like a golf

How do graphics look and play like real golf courses?

Time to purchase some new tinfoil, fancywhatever.

just sayin'

• FlexibleAsARock
    101 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 7:43 PM

deleted, irrelevant

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 2:58 AM

fancygirl4u:

. They just took one of my new Nike balls and I think they owe me one back. Fat chance of that ever happening. This company is a bunch of crocks and  hopefully they will all be in jail.

Every one of your posts is a crock (of sh*t). 

Dogboss is correct.

You are  woeful at this game, how you ever got to TM is a mystery (I suspect friends deliberately throwing MP games to let you tier up). So please shut up and go learn Pong...although you'd probably claim your ball was being manipulated by Atari.

Your replays ( with the laughable mewling titles) invalidate any opinions you express in these forums. You are not being targetted or manipulated, you do not suffer at the hands of VEM, put simply, you are just truly, truly awful at WGT.

RSS