Forums

Help › Forums

Terrible WGT ISSUES

Sat, Feb 29 2020 1:06 PM (158 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 4:31 PM

pdb1:
    I D K what's up with load manager errors and completely losing the connection occaisionally . Havn't figured that out yet .

That's usually an ISP issue where resetting the modem fixes it. Other times it's a server issue and there's not a whole lot you can do about that. It really creates havoc in AS games sometimes. A lot of the time players bail early thinking they froze while waiting for the painfully slow load.

The latest pain that I've come across is getting the pop up that says WGT can't connect. It takes clicking retry twice to keep going. Sometimes you're watching the op's shot when it comes up or you took your swing and you're waiting for the render.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 31 2014 6:27 PM

pdb1:

All systems , computers , cache sizes are different . For a long time I felt the same way you do about after a clean the meter is jumpy until the right files are reloaded then smooth for a while and then jumpy again when too many are being loaded .

Now what I do is keep "media5.wgt.com  "loaded in my local storage settings by site , keep it allowed and nothing else .

When I delete my browsing history I don't delete cookies and website data ( maybe once a month but not really necessary )

Defrag .

All of this more often , all at the same time , on a consistant basis . Maybe everyday or every other day .

My meter has never run more smoothly .

I D K what's up with load manager errors and completely losing the connection occaisionally . Havn't figured that out yet .

Yes,  I do the same thing.  I leave the Wgt Flash file and delete the others. I will delete the Wgt file when there is an Outage,  but if that works is debatable still.

I've been getting a few Lost connect messages as Jim said lately too. That might be a problem at Wgt's end.

I have a theory about Disconnects in Multi player games too.....

We all have different puters, fast, slow, powerful and puters that just allows us to play.

People with slower Puters are still trying to load their screen when somebody in the group with a faster puter has gave or conceded the putt/hole.

The person with the faster puter is on the next hole and the person with a slower puter has just received the message putt was conceded...etc. Thus causing an error and Disconnect.

Even slower modem speeds between the people in a group can cause this problem too.

Slow load times can be caused by what course you are playing too. To be basic,  every hole we play has the same default picture that gets loaded in on our screens,  the difference might be that one hole can have 5 more tree's that you can hit compared to another hole, there is only 2 tree's.

So, when you ready to hit your shot,  the game has loaded the default screen so you hit your shot...  meter gets jumpy because the game might be still loading in that last tree.

Sorry, just trying to think outside the box about the problems we are having...lol

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 5:49 AM

pdb1:
    Sometimes , all game there is a slow loading player ( that game is usually doomed )

Clearing the cache frequently will cause this. Every time you clear your cache you need to re-DL course files when you play. This slows down down the game and if you throw in a balky load you get a mess. Caches don't need to be cleared religiously.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 8:20 AM

pdb1:
    I'm sorry but almost this whole paragraph is incorrect .

100% based on 5+ years game experience and studying. That's coming from someone that hasn't had meter issues in years, literally, and 4000+ interactions with others in AS. Talk all the technical you want, nothing beats the actual knowledge from the experience.  :-)

p.s., I clear my cache maybe once a year. Can't rem the last time I did or why I did.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 1 2014 9:07 AM

pdb1:
    Your a lucky man .

No I'm not nor am I any kind of computer genius and all I do is share MY experience.  I play on the same laptop I had in 2009 when I joined. Nothing special here other than being able to read and understand discussions.

Andyson is the master of identifying trouble areas and causes of issues and many back and forth sessions here with him and others led to great information sharing. There's nothing tricky about getting one's computer right, one just has to be diligent in following steps. Understanding how things work helps immensely. I can't tell you how much I've learned from some brilliant people here. The majority of it reinforces what I see in front of me when I play.

pdb1:
    BTW a little over 1000 rounds doesn't mean more expertize .

?

RSS