Help › Forums

changing tiers

Thu, Jan 27 2022 2:03 PM (26 replies)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 8:53 PM

TopShelf2010:
    Foxmeister2:
    I tiered up to Pro at level 35 with a 82.6 average.  I've played against others who were at level 34 and tiered a Pro with a 150 average.  What gives?
    First and foremost congrats on your promotion.

+1 - congrats!

TopShelf2010:
    Secondly, if I understand correctly, when you first advance to a new tier, your average resets to 150. [...] If you came across a player with a 150 average, they more than likely have not played a stroke play round after they advanced.

After regular promotion, the promoting average is shown. I.e., a new Legend may show 61.00.

150 is only the starting average for a novice "Hack" player. Once modified, it might only be reinstalled by a 75 (or 150) round as a  freshly tiered-up player.

Usually, 150 shows that a player has not played any ranked round at all. Higher tiers w/ 150 ave. are mobile players, who rise in tiers from playing "mobile" games, thresholds being at certain XP levels.

TopShelf2010:
    The very next stroke play round will determine your next average.

+1!

True for tier promotion by playing ranked rounds. Said Legend will experience that his fine 61.00 ave. crumbles to a much higher number after his first Legend game. Maybe 70 or 80... A lot of players have come here to complain...

In total, there are four ways to be promoted in tier:

- ranked rounds and average (unlimited except for TC),

- matchplay wins against higher tiers (limited to Legend tier),

- credit wins in matches(?) and strokeplay (limited to Legend tier),

- reaching certain XP levels with mobile play (limited to Legend tier).

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 11:57 PM

When I first hit Champion my first round was -4 and my average went up to 64 from 59.

### # happens then hit the saturation point.

I am no expert but I put the rounds in

just keep plugging away it's the best advise I can give.

• Randyl73
    191 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 8:04 AM

Your system makes no sense .. players are allowed to play from the front tees because WGT requires ranked rounds ….so players Legend or higher play at a disadvantage…in the Beverly Hills room.  And there is only 2 -nine hole rooms.  It drives me crazy. Not fair. Change the rule please …..makes no sense   RandyL73 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 8:41 AM

Randyl73:

Your system makes no sense .. players are allowed to play from the front tees because WGT requires ranked rounds ….so players Legend or higher play at a disadvantage…in the Beverly Hills room.  And there is only 2 -nine hole rooms.  It drives me crazy. Not fair. Change the rule please …..makes no sense   RandyL73 

But WGT doesn't just require ranked rounds to advance tiers. Ranked rounds is just one way to tier up. For coin room players, WGT tiers up players by Levels (for the first few tiers).

Regardless, you want them to change the rules, which is fine. What are your suggested changes? 

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 8:50 AM

Randyl73:

players are allowed to play from the front tees because WGT requires ranked rounds ….so players Legend or higher play at a disadvantage…in the Beverly Hills room.  

Legends and above should be familiar enough with the back tee's and have a skill set that will surpass those hitting from short tee's.

Not always but most of the time this shouldn't be an issue unless said legend or higher plays short tee tourneys in their club- and just do not score well from regulation Tee's...You can usually look at someone's stats/score history and tell.

Those just need to practice on regulation tee's IMO.

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 1:34 PM

PureGro1:
    Legends and above should be familiar enough with the back tee's and have a skill set that will surpass those hitting from short tee's.

Agreed.  And if they don't, they always have the option to play 9 holes in Shanghai, which only costs 50K coins and puts both players on the same tees.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2022 2:03 PM

Casablanca and above share same tees. 

Ranked rounds and coin rooms are two separate paths for tiering up. Not sure how WGT combines them.  

On a side note... I wish there was a 3 to 5K single hole room. Chelsea at 500 is too poor and Rio at 20,000 is a little too rich for my tastes currently. That huge gap could use an inbetweener. Yes, I prefer one holers. 

RSS