Help › Forums

changing tiers

Thu, Jan 27 2022 2:03 PM (26 replies)
  • SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 1:57 AM

HafeeZainal:

Hello,

Im confused here. I am level 79 TourMaster with average score of 60.72. I have played 155 ranked round games. What should i do to advance to Legend Tier. Please advise. Thank you in advanced.

I tiered up fast from master to TM even with a few rank rounds in, by beating most of my higher tier opponents in match play, as I was told. Now, with even less ranked rounds I played, because I wasn't ready for Legend tier, I was again promoted to Legend, because I won few credit tournaments. All these promotions I contested, because my averages weren't even close to these tiers promotions. My point is, if you win few credit tournaments, it will prompt a tier promotion. Before tiering up to Legend, make sure you have the proper clubs, and the skill to go with it. Now at Legend, I don't even play credit tournaments anymore. I'm not as good as Legend, as I was at Tourmaster, yet. Freaking Legend is not easy.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 11:07 AM

SlickHunter:

HafeeZainal:

Hello,

Im confused here. I am level 79 TourMaster with average score of 60.72. I have played 155 ranked round games. What should i do to advance to Legend Tier. Please advise. Thank you in advanced.

I tiered up fast from master to TM even with a few rank rounds in, by beating most of my higher tier opponents in match play, as I was told. Now, with even less ranked rounds I played, because I wasn't ready for Legend tier, I was again promoted to Legend, because I won few credit tournaments. All these promotions I contested, because my averages weren't even close to these tiers promotions. My point is, if you win few credit tournaments, it will prompt a tier promotion. Before tiering up to Legend, make sure you have the proper clubs, and the skill to go with it. Now at Legend, I don't even play credit tournaments anymore. I'm not as good as Legend, as I was at Tourmaster, yet. Freaking Legend is not easy.

I also tiered up to TM and L by winning some credits, especially Legend.  I took a 3rd place as a TM in the 2015 Valhalla Challenge on the Virtual Tour, along with a win and a 2nd place in 2 weekly free to enter Tournaments.  Right after the 2nd Tournament closed and the results from the Valhalla were posted,  I was promoted.  My average at the time was about 63.6, if I remember correctly.

But the player in question only plays the F9 @ St. Andrews, except for playing the 2017 Virtual U.S. Open F9 challenge once on 03-01-17.  And he plays no MP, according to his profile page.  So he will have to play the 50 ranked rounds to get to Legend.  Or change what he is doing.

I doubt if anyone who tiers up feels they are ready for the move.  The game gets more difficult each time you change tiers.  Yes Legend is much harder and it changes how many of the courses play.  Kiawah is much harder as a Legend, for example.  

But it's where that type of promotion stops, and you have to grind your way through the 500 ranked rounds and lower your average to get to TL.  Just try and enjoy the game, and have some fun.  Winning any credits should not effect you that way any longer.

Good Luck and enjoy the game,

phred952

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2017 11:21 AM

Wish I'm still at Tourmaster. Since Legend, I slowed down playing, close to stopping completely. In a way that is good, gives me more time to explore other games, and just play this whenever. I wouldn't rush if I were you.

• Bobbylanka
    892 Posts
    Mon, Nov 13 2017 10:34 PM

Now it comes to me! I play nearly every day, and have invested in new equipment and am at 68.8.When is it likely that I will move to Master, or what do I need to do!

Bobbylanka

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2017 9:36 AM

It should not take too much time nor too many games!

Just make sure to play ranked or tournament stroke play, but not on Par3, Par5 or CC Custom Courses - seen a few of those in your scoring history!

Required average is 67.0, required rounds are 25 as a TP, outside the named exclusions.

• Bobbylanka
    892 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2017 6:10 AM

Following the above post, I received a reply from simonthebeetle via email, when I checked who he was it appears he is a Champion, possibly also an employee of WGT. who gave the following breakdown of how to change tiers:

Subject:Requirements for Tier Promotion

HACK to AMATEUR
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 5 / Average Score : lower than 100

AMATEUR to PRO
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 10 / Average Score : lower than 80

PRO to TOUR PRO
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 20 / Average Score : lower than 72

TOUR PRO to MASTER
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 25 / Average Score : lower than 67

MASTER to TOUR MASTER
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 40 / Average Score : lower than 63

TOUR MASTER to LEGEND
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 50 / Average Score : lower than 61

LEGEND to TOUR LEGEND
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 500 / Average Score : lower than 60

TOUR LEGEND to CHAMPION
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 200 / Average Score : lower than 59

CHAMPION to TOUR CHAMPION
    Hypothesis #1 : Exclusive Personal Invitation from WGT
    Hypothesis #2 : Upon reaching L300*
    (* Based on the description shown in the mobile version)

It is of course laughable, but also shows that it clearly a random selection when you move up!

I took a random selection of 35 WGT players all at Tour Pro Level their average scores ranged between 67.56 and 101.37.

This shows that the players selected should actually be ranked between Hack to Tour Pro.

It would appear that there is no clarity in the tiering of players!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2017 2:52 PM

Unfortunately, the first points of this list, up to hypothesis #1, are correct in general but incorrect in detail.

The deviations apply equally to each step, just let me take the most extreme example to explain:

Bobbylanka:
    LEGEND to TOUR LEGEND
    Minimum Ranked Rounds : 500 / Average Score : lower than 60

Ranked rounds to "saturation" and minimum number to promotion are correct but it is omitted that ranked rounds on Par3, Par5 and CC Custom courses do not count.

The threshold of Average Score would correctly be described as "equal or lower than", and the threshold numbers should be given with a sufficient number of decimals, 60.000 for the cited step, as - in this case - 1 stroke makes a difference of 1/500 = 0.002 average. A 60.002 average would not qualify for promotion but 60.000 do, while both are shown as 60.00 in the player's profile.

---

Hypothesis #2 ridicules the facts - "fake news" would be the up-to-date term.

The following "investigation" makes no sense at all because it doesn't take into account that average and average calculation reset after each promotion and that the playing conditions become harder from tier to tier.. You cannot compare tier placement by average - wrong premiss, wrong conclusion.

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2017 3:37 PM

Bobbylanka:
    Hypothesis #2 : Upon reaching L300*

Since alosso dealt with everything else, I'll just note that I believe this to be a WGT typo. What it should say is that the player receives 300 credits when moving up to Tour Champion and not that a person moves up to Tour Champion at L300.

It's not difficult to believe that it's a typo because these are the same people who spell eagles as "eagels." (The misspelling is in the scoring section of the scorecard on the mobile version.)

As has been stated many times previous, Tour Champion is by invitation only. 

• Foxmeister2
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 12:54 PM

I tiered up to Pro at level 35 with a 82.6 average.  I've played against others who were at level 34 and tiered a Pro with a 150 average.  What gives?

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Jul 26 2018 4:14 PM

RSS