Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 1:47 PM

SweetiePie:

1480 -  Lucrecia Borgia

A murderess fond of poison...... she was, however, quite a fetching, and sexually endowed wench [] coupled with the effortless yet graceful social skills she obtained and polished

Why is it every time I look at that my ex-wife pops into my head?

Thomas

ps - She was NOT (luckily for me) fond of poisoning folk, although some of her meals......

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 2:03 PM

newcastleb:

SweetiePie:

1480 -  Lucrecia Borgia

A murderess fond of poison...... she was, however, quite a fetching, and sexually endowed wench [] coupled with the effortless yet graceful social skills she obtained and polished

Why is it every time I look at that my ex-wife pops into my head?

Thomas

ps - She was NOT (luckily for me) fond of poisoning folk, although some of her meals......

Oh yes we have all seen that type of cooking..you know, the kind where you pray after you eat.

How ya been, Thomas ?

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Apr 19 2016 3:18 PM

SweetiePie:
    Oh yes we have all seen that type of cooking..you know, the kind where you pray after you eat.

now THAT made me laugh!!!!  

SweetiePie:
    How ya been, Thomas ?

Been struggling a bit of late TBH, but not as much as some to be sure.  You take care

Thomas

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 20 2016 9:27 AM

newcastleb:
    Been struggling

Crummy to hear. Head up as it will disappear as sneaky as it showed up ;-}

And it is April 20, and it is SPRINGTIME

1442 - Edward IV ~ House of Lancaster and York ~ King of England

A cursory look at at English royal history might lead one to believe that Edward IV was just another player in the Wars of the Roses, a pawn like his predecessor, Henry IV, or a power broker who had his brief period of supremacy. But Edward IV was much more than that, Altogether, he ruled for more than 20 years, and over the course of his two reigns he emerged as a strong, skilled, and sagacious King. Perhaps the pinnacle of the House of Lancaster and York.    

1808 - Louis- Napoleon III ~ Emperor of France.

1851 - Young Tom Morris of Scotland ~ A golfer of fame who passed away in 1875. That is a sadly short life. :-{

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2016 2:57 AM

♕♕♕  ~ Happy 90th Birthday Ma'am ~ ♕♕♕

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2016 3:48 AM

WigerToods2010:

All we need is Paul Keating (ex Aussie PM) to give the queen another hug.

Sharing this date is Iggy Pop, Charlotte Bronte, and Robert Smith.

Also Apollo 16 landed on the moon in 1972.

Manfred von Richthofen is shot down and killed. By the time of his death, he had claimed 80 victories. Credit for his kill is given to Canadian Cpt Roy Brown, but this is disputed by others who claim that he was killed by ground fire from Australian troops. - Sunday 21st Apr, 1918

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2016 4:44 AM

alanti:
    Cpt Roy Brown

His grandson still wears the Captain's flying goggles as a tribute to this day...

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2016 6:26 AM

Happy Birthday lads -

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2016 9:07 AM

It is a fine day this April 21 it is perfect to celebrate Mr Tons & Mr Toods Special Lady

WigerToods2010:
    y

1926 - .Elizabeth II ~ House of Windsor ~ Queen of England

When Elizabeth II celebrated her Diamond Jubilee in 2012, Britain gazed back over six decades of extraordinary change. Through all those transformations. the Queen has been a stalwart if a somewhat reserved Monarch. Given the upheavals within the Royal Family and the vicissitudes of public opinion, her steadiness has been her greatest asset. Poised in fact, and is, the longest serving Monarch in British history, Elizabeth is perhaps more popular now than ever and the House of Windsor is adapting to the realities of a very different world from that of her accession in 1952. Long live Queen Elizabeth II !                                                         

Also thanks for reporting the birthday of Charlotte Bronte. Her novel, "Jane Eyre" is one of my favorite works of all the fiction I have ever read. Most likely it is the best. Of course it is in a head to head conflict with her sisters epic, "Wuthering Hights". Amazing sisters, amazing writers ! 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Apr 23 2016 9:31 AM

April 23

It is lovely outside this morn' perfect golf weather with a problem....I don't play on weekends :-{

But some had birthdays :

1564 - William Shakespeare of Stratford upon Avon.

1621 - William Penn ~ English Admiral...had a state named for him; Pennsylvania

1791 - James Buchanan ~ Our 15 President. He ranks at the bottom and will most likely be replaced by Barak Obama. Mr. Buchanan spent his entire life in the closet but, make no mistake, he was a "Miss Nancy".

1858 - Max Planck ~ The German Physicist known as "the Father of Quantum Physics" 

1891- Sergei Prokofiev ~ Russian Composer whose music I dig.

RSS