Forums

Help › Forums

Happy Birthday

Wed, Jul 1 2020 4:32 AM (1,330 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 12:11 PM

Oh my ! What a special day. On this day 1743, the inventor of freedom, as we know it by virtue of being the author of The Declaration of Independence, for openers, the amazing, addicting (very), genius, the one and only, Thomas Jefferson was born. I am so thankful for his dedicating around 50 years of his life in the creation of The United States of America. A Founding Father among an incredible few. Bless him.

~ Lily ~ 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 2:55 PM

Very interesting Lily, an' BTW,  I welcome your thread back. Never been much for commenting here, but , didn't mean I didn't follow. Hope all is goin' well.

Doc :)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Apr 13 2016 8:10 PM

drmoose:

Very interesting Lily, an' BTW,  I welcome your thread back. Never been much for commenting here, but , didn't mean I didn't follow. Hope all is goin' well.

Thanks Doc ! Very kind and thoughtful (which goes quite far with me). I a way, it is fortunate for me that tomorrow is April 14; an incredible day in history that I must report on. See you then....Thanks Again,

~ Lily ~

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 1:58 AM

drmoose:

^^^Yeh, what he said!!!

Thomas

• VanMeerV
    993 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 6:03 AM

Not sure it was ment for me but it was delievered to me so I can assume it was seeings it is my bd, ty so much Lily, we never met and really nice of you to put in forum's. 

Thank you again 

Vic

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 6:51 AM

April 14.

Many experts and those who think they know (how could they) consider Abraham Lincoln to so far be, America's greatest President. Without any doubt, he was great, perfect for his times and able to hold together, this nation; the USA when it was so very, very close to ripping in half. I must put forward Washington, Jefferson and Madison as very much Lincoln's equals. But nevertheless, on this day April 14 President Lincoln drew his last breath. He had a lead ball ledged in his head that entered jut below his left ear and halted below his right eye. The lead ball was fired from a smaller Derringer style pistol as Lincoln was enjoying :"Our American Cousin" starring Laura Keene from a box just above stage left. The lead ball was delivered by a Confederate sore head and famous actor John Wilkes Booth at 8:15pm, Friday evening and at around 7:15 am Lincoln breathed his last breath. The Civil War had just ended with the Union in victory and now after so much strife fighting this war, Abraham Lincoln was dead. It was "Good Friday"..

~ Lily ~..

...and on a cheerful note, today VanMeerV, better known simply as "Vic", will be celebrating his entry into life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIC !! Please enjoy this day filled with Joy & Good Cheer ;-}

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 9:07 AM

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 11:23 AM

Hi Lily,

Scotsman Peter Capaldi - inventor of the Police Box - turned 58 today.

;)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 14 2016 1:22 PM

WigerToods2010:

Hi Lily,

Scotsman Peter Capaldi - inventor of the Police Box - turned 58 today.

;)

Gee, Peter is a pretty young fellow. Can you be of help Johnny? I am not familier with the Police Box. I don't think we have them in the USA. Is is a temporary holding cell ?

Also: TigerPaw? That is a pretty cool and funny (truthful) Political cartoon. TY

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Apr 15 2016 3:11 AM

SweetiePie:
    I don't think we have them in the USA. Is is a temporary holding cell ?

Nope, not a holding cell (although they could be used for holding people) but more like a tiny police station so the police could write reports and call the main stations.

With the current smart phones etc, I am not sure if they are still used, but were in the days I was in London (some areas).

Not quite a tardis....

RSS