Forums

Help › Forums

Use Task Manager to advantage

Thu, May 1 2014 10:40 AM (47 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 10:09 AM

Use Task Manager to advantage.

Those using Windows can use Windows Task Manager as a swing meter aid.

Open Task Manager. Make sure the Performance tab is selected.

Minimize the Task Manager dialog box, which opens a CPU usage % meter on the bottom Task bar. (Some players just move the dialog box to a part of the screen out of the way.)

You will use the CPU % meter to aid choosing the optimum moment to start your downswing.

Pause at the top of your back swing and watch the meter. Start your downswing when the CPU % is as low as possible. That will give the smoothest swing meter performance.

If your CPU % usage never goes low, you have to much unnecessary crap running in the background be it applications or other open window tabs and your meter won't be as smooth as it can be.

Right click > Open image in new tab - to see larger image

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:10 AM

Nice tip, thanks.

However, for those using Maxthon there's an even easier way, down near the bottom tight is a little graph symbol, just click it and your current CPU usage can be displayed at all times.  You can also have download speed, upload speed, memory usage and several others.

• DDRoss1
    1,809 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 11:26 AM

MainzMan:

Nice tip, thanks.

However, for those using Maxthon there's an even easier way, down near the bottom tight is a little graph symbol, just click it and your current CPU usage can be displayed at all times.  You can also have download speed, upload speed, memory usage and several others.

Is there anything like that for Commodo..which tends to give me the best meter.

• pdxdriver
    2,628 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 12:32 PM

MainzMan:
    However, for those using Maxthon there's an even easier way, down near the bottom tight is a little graph symbol, just click it and your current CPU usage can be displayed at all times. 
    i am on Maxthon as well,only problem is you can't see the cpu usage in full screen unless i am doing some thing wrong.

cheers

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:14 PM

DDRoss1:
    Is there anything like that for Commodo..which tends to give me the best meter.

Yep,  same way as the OP stated.  While in task manager, in the performance tab,  go up to the Options menu and select "hide when minimized".  Then just minimize the screen.  Depending on your Windows verision,  it may or may not show the icon down in the taskbar.  For me, I had to select it to show icon and notifications. I have Win 7, and use Comodo Dragon also, so I thought I would try and help.  :)

Right-click and open in new tab or window.  

• steeleyedave
    15 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:19 PM

If you have Windows 7 and above, You can also use the gadget called CPU Meter - just right mouse click on screen, select gadgets and voila.  It's easier to see than the one from Task Manager on your toolbar.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:19 PM

Nice little pointer Apex. You can also do this with the task manager for a bigger graph view if your eyes, like mine, are a bit knackered.

You can also rearrange the system tray icons by left click-hold and dragging them about...

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 10:28 PM

ScottHope:

You can also do this with the task manager for a bigger graph view

Great tip and a very nice gif as usual.  That would solve the problem of not seeing the Maxthon icon in full screen mode.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2013 10:38 PM

In Vista, there were Gadgets available, one of them a CPU meter. I took it from a Vista system, and it works in Win7, too, and has a nice circular speedometer design.

No longer available from Microsoft because they deem them unsecure.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Nov 24 2013 1:48 AM

MainzMan:
    Great tip and a very nice gif as usual.

Thank you Mainz.

The speedometer CPU gadget in Vista and Win 7 is a good tip too but having put it next to the task manager graph for a comparison it appears to suffer somewhat from lag.

RSS