Forums

Help › Forums

Use Task Manager to advantage

Thu, May 1 2014 10:40 AM (47 replies)
  • HDBanger
    348 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:11 AM

Well I got a custom putter pal taped to my monitor bezel, and wind and putting charts on the wall next to me. Now a cpu utilization meter overlayed on shot meter. All meant to save time and make my experience better. I still do the math in my head, aim and click. Is what I do time saving, or cheating to you?  I still suck, relative to the greats, but I have fun and don't take a 90 sec shot clock to shoot, I shoot in about 20-30 seconds tops. 

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:31 AM

I believe that might be the WGT Caddy.

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:35 AM

i get it - i just don't get it i guess lol

1300 visitors to that site just this month - If it's okay to use - why doesn't wgt give us the tools others so obviously can't live without

it's like hey, let's play poker - my deal - i'll take cards off the top, the middle, wherever I want - relative to wgt - if it's not in the game they give us then it's not supposed to be.

- overlays like that shouldn't be a part of it - just my opinion

i know i know - it's wednesday - time for my weekly I give a crap moment - I'll be back to not caring in about 2 minutes - multits = baggers - auto click and tools that do all but play every aspect of this game for someone - blechhhhh

not me - I suck all on my own tyvm

ok, back to normal who gives a rat's..........

ps........this is prob what wgt wanted by offering premium balls to bring 'friends' to wgt - real or not = most ethical player on the planet in my blog - not singling out the one for there are thousands i'm sure

don't click this link cuz it'll show you someone who's 'not cheating' either - but using what is allowed ===== good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't give a crap about what goes on here :)

any how - tried task manager to have a look during game play - seems ok, must stop for other reason than cpu usage

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:46 AM

duffer19:

what the heck are the letters above your meter area? 

S P % C X and whatnot?

It's a shot and putt pal (VGG Caddy) that works the same as, but is not the Shot Pal and Putter Pal WGT sells, 

As mentioned, many players make a paper version they tape to their computer screen. I used a paper version for quite a while.

S is for the scale regular clubs use.

P is for using the putting scale, which is somewhat shorter than the regular club scale.

% changes the scale from distance in yards/feet to %.

C is how you access the part where you enter the WGT yardage ratings of the make/model of your clubs and the distance scales your putter has.

X closes the pal, and - minimizes it.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:48 AM

47 .....hmmmmm ffffffriends, and they all joined in handy little groups of 2 sleeves,....................... ooops, I mean 6

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:51 AM

duffer19:

why doesn't wgt give us the tools others so obviously can't live without

WGT does - Shot Pal and Putter Pal -  http://www.wgt.com/proshop/golf-accessories/?t=MeterBoost#c_1_12_Drinks_All_None

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 9:51 AM

thanks apex - seems harmless enough - just wish I could win the battle with myself to use something so simple - appeared more sinister than it was and I was having a moment. Hope i didn't offend you - 

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 2:26 PM

I use a downloadable gadget called Tanti Meter.  It is similar to the windows gadget one but more accurate in the actual percentage of cpu being used. It has the feature of always staying on top so it will overlay the game screen and can be moved conveniently. Definitely a help for lessening meter stutters by showing when things stop processing through your cpu.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 2:49 PM

Both the Windows and the Task Manager meters are up and down like a whore's drawers for me.

Bleedin distractin

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 5:15 PM

They are  just something else open / running and are they really needed or accurate enough ?

RSS