Forums

Help › Forums

Use Task Manager to advantage

Thu, May 1 2014 10:40 AM (47 replies)
  • ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Nov 27 2013 8:10 PM

Mushy01:

They are  just something else open / running and are they really needed or accurate enough ?

Works well for me and others, which is why I posted the tip.

The only way to tell if it works well for you is to try it.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2013 6:15 AM

oneeyedjohn:

Both the Windows and the Task Manager meters are up and down like a whore's drawers for me.

Bleedin distractin

That tells you you have a lot processing through your cpu.. if you hold swinging until the % of cpu use drops, take your back swing and hold till it drops again you will find a smoother meter. this also is an indication you may need to shut down some background programs that are running on your computer when you are playing. The more you have processing the more your meter usually will act up.

When putting due to the amount of graphics running the % of cpu use wont drop until you take and hold your backswing. Even moving you mouse pointer will cause the cpu to spike.

Another trick is to use task manager processes and allocate the highest priority to the two main files your browser uses to play and lower priority to anything else. That way your cpu will process those ahead of anything else. Also through the use of the task manger processes you can shut off processes you see that you dont need lessening the load too. However there is care that should be taking doing that. Shutting off the wrong process can be detrimental to your computers running and require a reboot.

The reasoning for all of this is because the game uses very little ram and is mainly cpu driven. So the lowest processing load you have, even with a faster cpu, at the time of swing release will normally result in a smoother meter. If your computer has a high load all the time while you play the end result is going to be unsatisfactory. You still have to factor in the type and capability of the gui on your video card also.

Having a cpu meter running lets you see what and when is the optimum for use on your computer

The tanti meter is small enough I put in the lower corner out of the way so it doesn't affect my vision.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:34 PM

i have found this useful, when im hitting shots it goes down to 0% but when im putting its between 7-12%, it will not go any lower, its very strange, anyone have this problem?

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 2:23 PM

I would says that's the putting grid causing that?

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 5:28 PM

MartyFlanagan:

i have found this useful, when im hitting shots it goes down to 0% but when im putting its between 7-12%, it will not go any lower, its very strange, anyone have this problem?

In the game-client Settings/Options menu, scroll down and click for putting grid off; it will be visible for most of set-up, but when actually putting the grid will go away. and CPU will hush, lol.

I like it because during the actual stroke, to me the moving dots and grid lines are a visual distraction - i just want to concentrate on that meter spot where i 'pull the trigger'.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2013 10:34 PM

thanks guys

• brooksnelson
    41 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 5:29 AM

If you are always having problems with your meter....I have the fix-all solution.Play the game in safemode with networking.You will lose audio  but you will never ....ever have a meter/stutter problem again.To put your computer/laptop in safemode press or rapidly tap the f8 button when you turh your computer on.....a screen will pop up.Then choose safemode with networking.No matter what browser you use you will always have a smooth game....gl and have fun.

• ScottHope
    10,081 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2013 2:01 PM

You don't have to post this in multiple threads, just the once will do.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jan 8 2014 11:15 AM

Great points Oldbayrunner.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:16 AM

I don't advocate using Safe Mode to play WGT as recommended above.

RSS