Thu, May 1 2014 10:40 AM (47 replies)
  • KBishop5
    922 Posts
    Sun, Apr 20 2014 4:37 PM

Nice quote....stealing it!!!

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 5:03 AM

was interested until I read the terms & conditions and read you agree to pay pal forwarding your information to 3rd parties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta be joking.

Russ

• russellie
    668 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 6:00 AM

was interested until I read the terms & conditions and read you agree to pay pal forwarding your information to 3rd parties !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you gotta be joking.

Russ

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 6:35 AM

No need to have a CPU meter displayed.  All of these gadgets require extra CPU and video card processing.  A pause of 3 or 4 seconds at the top of the back swing is normally (YMMV*) all that is needed to allow your CPU to catch up and quiet down.  Assuming of course you have your background processes under control.

*Your Mileage May Vary

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 11:39 AM

Yep. My mileage varies because by using Task Manger and watching my CPU performance I can see the time it takes for the CPU in my computer to settle down is variable in a range of 2 to 6 seconds or so.

Using the Task Manager CPU performance display minimized to my task bar has let me step up my game a bit and does not adversely affect the meter smoothness on my computer.

I can also tell by watching the CPU performance when a process or a program has started in the background that would make my meter less smooth.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 12:43 PM

ApexPC:
    I can see the time it takes for the CPU in my computer to settle down is variable in a range of 2 to 6 seconds or so.

I can believe the 6 seconds to settle down in your case with 119 friends on your list the periodic friends list update can do that.

ApexPC:
    I can also tell by watching the CPU performance when a process or a program has started in the background that would make my meter less smooth.

You need to get control of that process so it doesn't happen.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Mon, Apr 21 2014 1:38 PM

I fired my background processes for refusing to stay in the background .... lol ...

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, May 1 2014 10:40 AM

Good on you cobber!

RSS