Forums

Help › Forums

Screwd Over By WGT

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:56 PM (7 replies)
  • Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 6:42 AM

I would warn anybody who is going to enter any competition that has a time limit on it that you have to FINISH your round inside the time limit, NOT START IT, i jsut found out the hard way and it cost me alot of credits which i'm very p*ssed off about losing as i feel screwed over by WGT, bet this dosent get through Mods as they wont want bad things on the forums

F*cked off Mat

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:40 AM

You not only lost your credits, but you lost your bet.

WGT allows venting, mate... as long as it doesn't turn into a flame war.

There is a number of posts from people who were putting on the last hole when time expired... and they were disqualified.

I agree that WGT should do a bit better on making this fact known.. that you have to FINISH your tourney before the time expires.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:05 AM

Snaike:

There is a number of posts from people who were putting on the last hole when time expired... and they were disqualified.

I agree that WGT should do a bit better on making this fact known.. that you have to FINISH your tourney before the time expires.

Or at least tell when time expires and not wait until you make your last putt. 

• Deccy180
    233 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:02 PM

borntobesting:

Snaike:

Or at least tell when time expires and not wait until you make your last putt. 

should be on the tourament screen that rule, making clear for all players so that like me you dont just throw credits, i know its only 250 credits entry fee but thats still a fair amount to lose for nothing

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 3:54 PM

snaike/bb....please clarify what is meant by time-out. Are you referring to the clock set 90/30 sec.for a game or is there a time limit on the entire match/game? I know the 1st time is a warning the 2nd 2-stroke penalty. Is there also a forfeit time out? Please advise, thnx David

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 4:05 PM

David... the OP is referring to the fact that he entered a 'tournament' that closed before he finished his round.

If you are not done with your round at the exact time the 'tournament' ends, you will forfeit that entry.

WGT demands that your final score be recorded at the closing bell.

Hope that clears that up for you.

Peace.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 5:27 PM
    Snaike.... I see the word "competition" in deccy post; no mention of the word "tournament". As I recall tournaments/rgos has 12 hr. time frame. I'm still confused, because if he is including match play, there's a big problem. I seem to recall the same situation happening to me while I was playing w/a friend, match play (no credits involved) I was ticked 'cause I lost the match, and I didn't time out, He did. At the time thought it was a glitch w/wgt new 30 sec timer. This scenario has a familiar ring to it hmmmmm............David
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:56 PM

Other than the shot timer (30 or 90 seconds) regular play has no time limit to COMPLETE THE GAME.  You could start a ranked round today, quit in the middle, and come back in 6 months to finish it.

The OP, to my understanding, was referring to tournies.

Good luck.

RSS