Used to shoot like a Master?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 25 2010 10:34 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 24 2010 9:37 PM

Well,

I held a strong 63/64 on a bad day and some days dropped it down to 61. Lately, my approaches are wildly off, putts roll way past the hole and don't burn the edge (and I use a paper ruler.) Am I alone  here?

I mean I've been playing for a while and typically play the same course, but lately it seems like deviation is just plain wild and all over the place. Am I imagining this?

For the life of me, I can't finish -2 on any 9.

TMPC

• andypat
    453 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 12:21 AM

No you are not alone, I have also noticed this more so in the last 2 weeks, but no doubt we will be told it's down to our computers and not the game????

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 1:13 AM
    TMPC...may I suggest, if you havn't already done so,read jakestanfill's post w/ bolloxinbruges replies: Feature or Bug? There may be some insight to this mysterious "yipps" that appears to be plaguing most of us. I do feel for you due to the same has been happening to me also.But I know just as in my real game on the course, I'll need to adjust my game to improve. Good luck, David
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 7:02 AM

Can't wait to hear what every one says when they add up / down / sidehill lies and the ability to shape the ball .... if you think it's hard now ... forget about it !!!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 7:25 AM

Yeah, it seems WGT is upping the VEM 1% on a weekly basis across the playing spectrum, making it difficult to settle into the same game play. It's suppose to be a feature to mimic real life golf, and not be a same shot feel, all the time video game. The video game is over at TWO.

It's not your computer, it's the game, along with the ability to make the shots. Some have it, and some struggle with VEM's attributes whether you want to believe it or not. Anyone can make all the excuses they want as to why their game has gone to pot. The reason will always come back to the way the game is made.

The game plays fine in many ways for me and others can contest to this too.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:11 AM

The vem? ya just the other day a large bird swooped down and took my ball. The game is not fair lol. JB

• cozmozogg
    167 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:23 AM

i would agree with text and richard, but would add this: all i hope for is consistency, which seems more difficult to get in the last week. for example... if the greens are lightning fast, they should be that way on all 9/18, not on random holes. it is frustrating to play a front 9 back-to-back, and have an approach shot on hole x land softly 1 time and richochet like it hit concrete the next [st andrew #2 for example], even though the greens conditions were the same. and yes, i am worried, excited and curious about the new changes - should be interesting:)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 8:25 AM

lvietri:
    Can't wait to hear what every one says when they add up / down / sidehill lies and the ability to shape the ball .... if you think it's hard now ... forget about it !!!

I can't friggin' wait...................then this turns into a golf game.

• TDHarvey
    433 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:44 AM

I agree Jim the lie feature will be a big plus and make this a very challenging game ( well its already challenging to me). However I still would like WGT to eliminate/address the many bugs still common before adding such a complicated new feature to game play. Whether they turn the VEM up or not shots should react the same if you are proficient enough to hit them correctly. Seems to be a lot of people think this is currently not the case. Of course the regular posters here who unendingly side with WGT ( I'm not referring to you YJ) will bash me for this but thats ok, Im allowed to have an opinion.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 25 2010 9:51 AM

Heh-I will side with WGT, that's OK TD. Funny thing about factoring in lies-they could conceivably do away with the VEM because the likelihood of being in the exact same spot every time is slim and incorrect lie accountability will cause its own grief. In fact, putting the two together might be counter productive. 

• PAGES
RSS