Forums

Help › Forums

Frustrating irons

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:53 PM (2 replies)
  • 2timothy3
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 9:59 AM

Does anyone have any insight about this:  With a right-to-left wind of 9mph, and the sight lined directly at the hole, I can hit a perfect shot, and of course, watch it sail 3-4 yards to the left of the sight (as it should).  Yet if I move my sight those 3-4 yards to the right of hole, I hit a perfect shot, and the wind has no effect on it at all. 

I have many problems as well when there is little to no wind.  I can hit a perfect shot, but it doesn't fly perfect.  Its a 50-50 chance of being on-line with my sights.  At the moment of impact it moves right or left (depending on what? I dont know).  It flies a straight line every time, but it doesn't aim straight every time.  Just seems to be a horrible lack of consistency.

Any insight is greatly appreciated!!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:19 PM

Get a large bottle of wine (or other favorite spirit), clear your calendar for about 2 weeks, and then put the words "Beast", "VEMmie" or "Deviations" in the search box to the right.... ------>

You'll see that this is a designed feature of the game to make it realistic.  We, as real world golfers, know that the ball isn't going exactly where we aim, so the game adds a bit of randomness to each shot.  (Precision of equipment matters, too.)

Should you want to try to play "Target golf", where each shot goes exactly where you planned it (and you're given a free preview to see where it's going to end up) there is another game just down the road put out by EA Sports.

Some of us prefer a bit o' realism in our sims... (as oxymoronic as that sounds.)

Hope that helps.  Any other questions just fire away!

Peace.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 2:53 PM

2timothy3:
    Just seems to be a horrible lack of consistency.

That would be the nature of the free clubs, Tim. They're easy to hit and generally go where you want but there a lack of precision in them as compared to the store bought ones and this is how that manifests itself.

Like Snaike points out practice is the order of the day. They can be mastered but it takes a lot of patience and perserverance. GL

RSS