Help › Forums

PICKING A WEDGE

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 13 2010 10:09 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Maconboy51
    16 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:17 PM

I am considering purchasing a new new wedge can some one that really know how to

play this game suggest a good wedge.

Thanks ,

maconboy51

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 4:37 PM

Best thing to do would be to look at the leaderboards for the tournaments... and then go to that persons profile page to see what they're carrying.

Good luck.

• mrshazam
    126 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:21 PM

Why is it,,,no matter what club,,,or way I approach my second shot on St.Andrews # 17,,,I'm within a few yards of my last 30 shots there,,,yet cannot replicate that same consistancy on all my other shots,,,most have bought the wrong clubs again...the fix is in...

• Ghazan316
    40 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:23 PM

Just took a quick glance at what you're carrying. Are you looking to replace a wedge or just add another one to fill out a yardage gap that you're having trouble with?

Correct me if i'm wrong, currently you have a PW: 100 yds, SW: 70 yds, LW: 50 yards.

• Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:42 PM

I would make sure you keep the 64 degree wedge. Mine is good for 50 yards in. When you get used to it, instead of using chip and and pitch, you use it at full with full backspin, then it is usually a one putt from there(with the practice). It`s good to have 2 or 3 wedges as far as my game is  concerned. The pitch and chip are to inconsistant for me.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 5:54 PM

l I am by no means an expert and someone playing this game longer than I shared this with me. The best 3 wedges in this game once you reach pro are; 1. Z Satin Pro Master 60W 90Yds, 2. Z Satin TP Pro 60W 77 Yds and 3. Z Satin Pro TP 64W 50 Yds… To cover those gaps I utilize the punch….do not think of the punch like regular golf. For example let’s say I have a flat run on the green to the hole of 46 yards, if I select the pro 64W and select punch my yardage is 41. Place full backspin on the ball and shoot. The ball in punch will run 3-5 yards so be careful and practice this. Happy Golfing

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:07 AM

Maconboy51:
    I am considering purchasing a new new wedge

Get the Satin 64 degree wedge as fast as you can. In fact, buy 2 in case you lose the first one! LOL-j/k on that but that wedge will make your life around the green much easier.

• SeabrookFlash
    463 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 5:26 AM

i carry the Satin TP master 54,  the Satin TP 60 master and the Satin Pro 64 degree wedge.  The are all awesome and cover the yardage very well.  The 64 degree is a must for out of the bunkers.  I can almost always stick it 1-2 ft from the cup.  It makes up and down very easy.  The only drawback that I have is that I am stuck with the "manditory" pitching wedge that came with the iron set. So I have had to take the rescue hybrid club out of my bag.  But overall it is worth it to get close from so many different distances.  I hope this helps.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 6:45 AM

YankeeJim:

Maconboy51:
    I am considering purchasing a new new wedge

Get the Satin 64 degree wedge as fast as you can. In fact, buy 2 in case you lose the first one! LOL-j/k on that but that wedge will make your life around the green much easier.

THis will be the only time you ever hear me say Listen to YJ

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 7:06 AM

KingOfTheCourse:
    THis will be the only time you ever hear me say Listen to YJ

LOL-Make yer mind up, boy.   You posted this 8 mins later..........

http://wgt.com/forums/t/19185.aspx             ;-)

• PAGES
RSS