Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 10:24 AM

Bilko,

Your close ... from the folks I've spoken to who made the jump ... the number is actually 60.99 to reach legend as long as you have a large number of ranked games played.  Not sure how many that is.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 11:48 AM

SGTBilko:

Soulcatcher:

Not for awhile..... I'm level 84 with a 63.7  sandbagg....... I mean TM.

:)

At least you called yourself out, you know they say that is the first step in the healing process. LMAO!

Stuff it LEGEND Bilko....;))

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:00 PM

lvietri:

Tracy,

First Alex hasn't worked for WGT for about 6 months.   But that being the case.   What is referred to as average .. is not really an average.   It's the potential best you can score based on a specific number of rounds you have played ... (no one is sure what that number is).   Your "Average" can never go up .. only down ... so scores over your average will not count in the calculation.   Only those scores under your current "Average"  will effect you by lowering the number.    So every time you shoot below your "Average", the highest number in the string drops off and is replaced by the lower one.

Hope that helps.

Did not know Alex was gone, but don't pay that close attention to what WGT staffers are on line.  As far as the "average" I get what you're saying and it explains how I keep going down when I don't play that well. That does'nt seem right somehow.  :-)

• hotcarrie
    865 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 3:07 PM

TracyMax:

lvietri:

Tracy,

First Alex hasn't worked for WGT for about 6 months.   But that being the case.   What is referred to as average .. is not really an average.   It's the potential best you can score based on a specific number of rounds you have played ... (no one is sure what that number is).   Your "Average" can never go up .. only down ... so scores over your average will not count in the calculation.   Only those scores under your current "Average"  will effect you by lowering the number.    So every time you shoot below your "Average", the highest number in the string drops off and is replaced by the lower one.

Hope that helps.

Did not know Alex was gone, but don't pay that close attention to what WGT staffers are on line.  As far as the "average" I get what you're saying and it explains how I keep going down when I don't play that well. That does'nt seem right somehow.  :-)

can you please try and put that into english so i can understand?

• BabeLincoln
    3,080 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 9:11 PM

lvietri:

Bilko,

Your close ... from the folks I've spoken to who made the jump ... the number is actually 60.99 to reach legend as long as you have a large number of ranked games played.  Not sure how many that is.

It took me about 7 months and 400 ranked rounds and a few weeks ago, my average dipped just below a 61.  So, I reached the legend tier finally.  That was kind of fun for me.  What nobody told me is that they start your average all over again!  I shot ONE round of 34 with high winds and tournament greens from ridiculous legend tee lengths and all of a sudden I had a 68 average!  While I don't mind them using people's REAL averages, it seemed a little unfair to throw out my previous 400 rounds!  Also, I read tonight where someone posted on here that after 20-25 ranked rounds or so, they start to throw out some higher rounds.  For the record, I have had 42 ranked rounds since turning legend and every stroke still counts!

So, breaking 61 to reach the legend tier (as posted here) is correct as of this month.  I am still waiting to see how many ranked rounds I have to play where a high score won't make it climb even higher.  I liked that aspect before because it took the pressure off!!!

• RyjaTybas
    5,142 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:39 AM

From what I can gather - the number of ranked rounds that make up an average increases as the tier changes. I'm not sure of the exact numbers - but when I was a master the system used about 20 rounds to work out my average - but at tour master level, its a lot more, perhaps 40 - and I imagine it will be higher still for legends. It would be useful if they told us - don't know why its such a big "secret".

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:50 AM

RyjaTybas:
    From what I can gather - the number of ranked rounds that make up an average increases as the tier changes. I'm not sure of the exact numbers - but when I was a master the system used about 20 rounds to work out my average - but at tour master level, its a lot more, perhaps 40

Algebra was too far back in my past, maybe, but there is probably a simple equation to solve this. As a tour master, at an average of 62, a single stroke of improvement on a 9-hole round (i.e. -5) moves my average down .04 points, two strokes (-6) by .08 (don't get much further than that). It has been the same way since I noticed (from about 64).

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2011 4:56 AM

What would they class as a 'Round'. Is a Round 18 holes... I'e had 120 games since turning Legend...most 9 holers and a few CTTH's  Plus heaps a Alt Shot games (which don't count anyway I think) and my Ave. is still going up and down after each game.

The reason why it's a big secret is, people can manipulate their Ave's if they knew what the criteria is.

-Roger

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2011 5:08 AM

It is clear that 9- and 18-hole ranked rounds go into the average. CTTH does not and match play does not.

• nowhammies
    288 Posts
    Mon, Mar 28 2011 5:16 AM

Since becoming a master I kept track of my rounds.  My average was exactly that, the total of all my scores at that tier divided by the # of rounds. It's that simple, it's not some super sophisticated math problem, it's basic math.  Once I posted 40 ranked rounds then I noticed a change.  At the master level they only count your 40 lowest rounds towards your average.  I have 71 ranked rounds and have predicted my average exactly every time after I shoot a score.  Currently my highest round that is counted toward my avg is a 66 so if I shoot anything lower than a 66 my avg goes down, anything higher it just stay the same. It's that simple, my avg is 63.03 right now, I know once I shoot below 66 I will move up to tour master.  There isn't any Einstein formula for 9 hole rds to figure your average, they simply double your score which to me isn't right, how many times does someone shoot a high or low number on the front nine only to do the opposite on the back 9. 

RSS