Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 5:18 PM

here here if we are moved up to master we should be allowd to purchase master clubs

• tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 6:01 PM

all this stuff just screwed me after I just bought new pro Irons now I am a master with a 70 average. Thanks WGT. I couldn't play Bethpage as it was. Now I will probably not. Good job to the Brains of this operation. Go NFL!

• marcbgd
    81 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 8:15 PM

thanks for the designation as tour master and the free credits...but I have to wonder how I got in the next to the top tier when I've never had an average below 65???Since I've become master my average has hovered around 68-71. So why am I in such a high tier? And now I can only play one tournament this month. What gives with this? If the tournaments are going to be limited to tiers...shouldn't we at least have a designation as to which tournament is for which tier? And shouldn't there be equal tournaments for all the tiers? I thought the idea was to group similar average players to the same tier...but I guess that didn't happen....I'm still competing against the highest score average people with no chance to win.....Can I PAY someone at WGT to put me back at amatuer or pro tier so I can play some tournaments and play with people in my score reange???? or, how about introducing handicaps to compensate.....And if I'm in such a high tier,,,why is all the equipment I need to play this tier locked????It's a good thing I bought better equipment when I reached Master...I can't buy the equipment now because my level is so low....that doesn't make sense at all.....tour master with a level 30 that can't buy equipment for the tier...I don't know what you guys are trying to do but the balance of tiers and levels is not there.  Don't get me wrong,,,I like the game but I'm not sure the new things are good......

• PGAbound67
    565 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:09 PM

This really is not cool, I've been playing this game for like 2 weeks, and feel I've moved along pretty well, was a master with a 65 average and playing with pro clubs which were fine for me from the tees...Now, I'm a Tour master that cant reach the fairways on certain holes. I was going to buy a new driver but after I read the new tier and level updates a few days ago as well as the "product updates"( where are those btw????), i decided to hold off until the change to see what new clubs were going to be available...and low and behold there aren't any, and now I cant even buy a decent driver. I'm very disappointed. playing 500 yard par 4s with a 255 yd driver is downright absurd. I've played 3 ranked rounds today, and am just about to gain a level....so 3 rounds per day...it will take me 2 months to buy a new driver, don't see myself being around that long with this new system though. it just makes no sense when the goal was to level the playing field, to lock clubs for players that are in the higher tiers...all you're doing is giving an EXTREME advantage to players who have already purchased master clubs. 

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 12:16 AM

Folks, give it a chance! It's just one day!

Everything changes. Nothing remains the same.

• ronnie1764
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:02 AM

would it not be better every time you move up a level ie from 21 to 22 you should be awarded 25 credits? that way you may get more people staying to finish rounds and be able to buy the clubs etc your new level unlocks

• mekongmarcus
    152 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 1:14 AM
    Give the guys who have moved up from Pro to Master a chance to reach the fairways.Give us access to a decent driver.
  • zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Sep 2 2010 3:33 PM

It's a little harsh if you're caught in the middle, but lots and lots of Masters have played wonderfully with the Pro clubs! (Especially the Raptures.) Some holes you will have to play now for par instead of birdie, but let me tell you: reaching the same greens in regulation with Master clubs is no picnic either. (I'm not even considering the faster swing speed.)

Look at specifics:

Bethpage - the 7th is easily reachable by Pros using Pro clubs, but from the Master tees with Master clubs - no. So you're in the same boat. At least one par-5 at Bethpage (13) is routinely reachable in 2 from the Pro tees with Pro woods - but almost never from the Master tees with Master woods.

St. A's hardly matters because the wind and the roll are more decisive than length off the tee.

Kiawah - yes, a couple of par-5s reachable with Master clubs cannot be reached with Pro clubs.

Oakmont: all par-5s are 3-shot holes, and the 9th really plays as a par 5 anyway.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:40 AM

mekongmarcus:
    Give the guys who have moved up from Pro to Master a chance to reach the fairways.Give us access to a decent driver.

They just did. Check out the Pro Shop.  :-)

• billvill
    49 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:40 AM

Can anyone detail the numerical break point at which new tiers happen. Been searching for and hour and can't find it. (i.e.  what level does a master become a tour master? Become a Legend?)

RSS