Forums

Help › Forums

Our Plans for New Tiers and Levels

Wed, Dec 18 2013 1:21 AM (313 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Nov 14 2010 6:43 AM

That information is deliberately kept private to reduce sandbagging.

It is a combination of your average and games played though.

Happy hitting.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:41 AM

WGTalex:
    Tiers will continue to be based on your scores

So Alex I have a question. How can I have a avg. score of 71.4 when my scores are consistantly avg above par?  I've only had 2 or 3 scores below par I can think of while I have had MANY above par.  Just seems odd.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:52 AM

The tiers and levels were discussed as NOT being put in place as a preventative measure for sand-baggers, but I think you are seeing the inaccurate nature of those claims. No one knows the exact algorithm,  but it is very obvious that the new system does not allow lower scored games to affect ones overall average a much as it used to. Good for helping to stop sand-bagging, bt bad for the casual player who ends up progressing too quickly.

WGT doesnt give out the specifics, but they have other things built into the tier progression calculations to help prevent most from moving up before they are ready. 

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 7:45 PM

Tracy,

First Alex hasn't worked for WGT for about 6 months.   But that being the case.   What is referred to as average .. is not really an average.   It's the potential best you can score based on a specific number of rounds you have played ... (no one is sure what that number is).   Your "Average" can never go up .. only down ... so scores over your average will not count in the calculation.   Only those scores under your current "Average"  will effect you by lowering the number.    So every time you shoot below your "Average", the highest number in the string drops off and is replaced by the lower one.

Hope that helps.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sat, Mar 26 2011 11:48 PM

lvietri:
    Your "Average" can never go up .. only down ... so scores over your average will not count in the calculation.

Your average is based only on the scores at your current tier. As we have learned, when you first rise to a new tier, initially, when you have just a few scores posted at that tier, your average may go either up or down for a while until the base number of rounds are posted. After that, only scores that are better than the current average are considered, and from then on your average at that tier may only go down.

• Jintfan89
    221 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 4:50 AM

I am currently at level 74, Tour Master. At what level does Legend kick in? My average score is 65.14 & just over 162K points.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:20 AM

Jintfan89:

I am currently at level 74, Tour Master. At what level does Legend kick in? My average score is 65.14 & just over 162K points.

you will need to score an average of 60 or lower. Do not rush it though.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:21 AM

Not for awhile..... I'm level 84 with a 63.7  sandbagg....... I mean TM.

:)

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:23 AM

Soulcatcher:

Not for awhile..... I'm level 84 with a 63.7  sandbagg....... I mean TM.

:)

At least you called yourself out, you know they say that is the first step in the healing process. LMAO!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 27 2011 5:38 AM

just for your information, ask Icon or Sky. WGTalex left to spend more time with her family. That is when they hired Sky and then Icon shortly after that. 

RSS