Forums

Help › Forums

Where's the hats?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:22 PM (24 replies)
  • hesomist
    62 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:00 AM

Got my St. Andrews 2010 hat today!  Well made and a very nice blue color, but it could have been packaged much better.  It was pretty much squashed in this flimsy envelope it was sent in.  A box would have been much better.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 9:37 AM

Just got my Open hat also, Thanks WGT! 

Once the USGA comes through, my life will be complete...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 10:07 AM

Hey WGT... If it fits, it ships.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 1:34 PM

Got my hat today ... looks great ... fits great ... tks WGT

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:04 PM

Got my Open hat today.  People were correct about the packaging, just shoved into a envelope with nothing else in it.  No harm, no foul I guess, it was in perfect shape.  It actually came to me via the WGT not from Scotland so I guess they just received a bulk load and are shipping them out.

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 2:48 PM

TarheelsRule:

People were correct about the packaging, just shoved into a envelope with nothing else in it.  No harm, no foul I guess, it was in perfect shape.

Glad yours was in perfect shape, Tarheels.  Mine is quite wrinkled around the front logo.  Guess I can deal with a free, wrinkly hat.  :-)

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 4:16 PM

I received my St. Andrews hat today also. Thanks WGT.

As for the USGA, I posted last year about the same time to relate my experiences with them. Notoriously Slow! I`ve been a member for several years and it`s almost a surprise if they`re on time with membership issues. One year I actually received my US Open Program...One Month After the Open :-).

I hope they don`t drop the ball this time around. I`m most surprised by this because I saw first hand their ability to organize the Open at Winged Foot a few years ago. It`s such a huge event and every detail gets attention, so for the same organization to be so slack in this department is close to shocking. 

I`ve become so inured to their slack though, that I won`t be surprised if I receive this year`s membership package just in time for Next years Open :-D. 

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 5:56 PM

Mefitz... you should send a copy of your letter to the USGA and casually let them know it was also posted to the forums at WGT, with a membership of 1.5 million players.  Sometimes a very good organization who is weak in certain areas just has to to be shamed into becoming better.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 7:16 PM

Not until After I get my package from them, ;-).

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Aug 23 2010 7:23 PM

Funny!  I hear you.  By all means, don't risk the largesse...

RSS