Forums

Help › Forums

Where's the hats?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 10 2010 3:22 PM (24 replies)
  • eivets
    433 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 11:38 AM

Has anyone received a hat which we are supposed to get for qualifying for either of the recent championships? It seems that someone must have gotten one by now.

Anybody?

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:23 PM

Be patient .... after last years Virtual Open at Bethpage, it was the end of September, maybe mid-October when the hats started arriving.  We got the membership kits before the hats came, but we did eventually get the hats.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:33 PM

Never got mine from last year so I wouldn't hold my breath!

Hope everyone gets them this year...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:39 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    Hope everyone gets them this year...

Are you taking orders for Congressional 2011 hats?    :-D

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 4:05 PM

Someone please correct me nicely if I'm wrong. Basically what WGT has done is paid the 'qualifiers' USGA membership for 1 year. USGA FAQ #2 says:

"When will I receive my benefits? Your initial USGA membership benefit package is mailed four to six weeks after payment is received. The remainder of your benefits will be mailed throughout the year, as they become available."

http://www.usga.org/membership/faq/Membership-FAQs%282%29/

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 6:41 PM

I did receive the E-Mail asking for confirmation on the address here, has anyone else received the E-Mail?

• TarheelsRule
    5,471 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 12:13 PM

I received the email from both of them a while back.  I responded but have yet to hear anything back or receive anything.

• hesomist
    62 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:08 PM

I also received e-mails from both qualifiers confirming my address, and I haven't received anything yet.  But the Open qualifier e-mail asked us to respond with our address by August 3, which was just a week ago.  So hopefully we'll get them before the end of the month.

I qualified for last years US Open as well and eventually did get my Pebble Beach hat for being a USGA member.  Hope that this year's qualifiers get the Congressional hat.  Would be a bummer to get the same hat twice!

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:23 PM

I never got either email.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 2:57 PM

Neil-This is the person the USGA e-mail directed you to respond to. You might try the phone number. 

cflavelle@USGA.org

The body of the letter.........

Congratulations for qualifying to play in the 2010 Virtual U.S. Open Championship. It is my pleasure to inform you that you are eligible to receive a complimentary, one-year Membership to the United States Golf Association.

As a member you will receive many exciting benefits such as:

• The current edition of The Rules of Golf
    • Personalized Bag Tag and Members-only U.S. Open Hat
    • Advanced opportunity to apply to purchase U.S. Open Tickets
    • Access to the latest USGA news, private invitations and Championship updates delivered via our USGA Insider e-newsletter
    • Special Member discounts on official U.S. Open merchandise, USGA photo store and more
    To start your Membership today, please respond to this e-mail by providing us with your full name and mailing address by July 31, 2010. If you currently are a USGA Member, we will extend your membership for a full year at no cost to you.

Please provide your information to cflavelle@usga.org or if you have any questions, please call 800-223-0041.

We appreciate your interest in the USGA and certainly hope you enjoy your membership.

Sincerely,

Fiona Dolan
    Director, USGA Membership

RSS