Forums

Help › Forums

Problems

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 12 2010 3:43 PM (9 replies)
  • ericchristine
    28 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 1:35 AM

Word of warning to anyone thinking of joining WGT.

They will take your money in return for credits, NO PROBLEM.

But once you have a problem with the game, they offer no help.

You will get a message saying you can contact the "Help Desk"

That is correct, but they won't return your query, NO HELP whatsoever.

When you ask for a refund you will be IGNORED

Great Game, great graphics, VERY, VERY POOR SERVICE.

All they want is your money, not YOUR PROBLEMS.

Eric

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 11:49 AM

But you can play for nothing. Nobody is forcing you to part with anything.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 12:42 PM

Plus this forum is full of helpful types. Ask, we've been where you are.   :-)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Aug 9 2010 1:29 PM

YankeeJim:

Plus this forum is full of helpful types. Ask, we've been where you are.   :-)

Plus there is not one problem that you can be having that isn't already asked and answered here in the forums....

Well, usually that's the case unless it has to do with specific week tourneys.. but those problems have been dealt with before as well.

Search box... over there ... ---->   is your friend.

• ericchristine
    28 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 1:07 AM

I think Piztaker is taking the Piz.

The idea of the game is to play against other members, not play the nine holes at St Andrews or a couple of other courses.

I know nobody is forcing me to part with anything, but when you have already parted with your cash and then cannot play in the tournaments it becomes quite frustrating.

Some members have tried to help with useful suggestions but so far, no cure for the problem.

Anyhow, playing in the tournaments is much more enjoyable than pottering around on the easy free nine holes you are allowed. I know this because I have seen the tournaments on a friends computer.

Eric

• ericchristine
    28 Posts
    Tue, Aug 10 2010 3:21 AM

Thanks YankieJim,

But I cannot find a answer to the problem anywhere on here.

Everytime I try to play in a tournament I get a message "Must have cookies enabled to play as a registered member".

I have gone to "Tools" on the Internet page, "Internet Options" , "Privacy", "Advanced", "Enable Cookies" but still get the same message when trying to enter a tournament.

Regards, Eric

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 10:58 AM

Try playing the game on Google Chrome instead of IE.  (FireFox works as well.)

Search "Chrome".

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 11 2010 11:17 AM

I also found this from a year ago......

"If you're still having trouble try clearing your cookies and restart your browser.  Just keep in mind you'll need to re-enter login information at any website that you've chosen to 'Remember Me'.

If you don't know how to delete cookies manually, then I suggest deleting the wgt.com cookie folder.  Then restart and log back in. That will save you the trouble of re-entering login info elsewhere." 

This was from WGTNiv when he was nivlac a year ago June.

I also ran across a statement that said if IE is not your default browser going to Internet Options and enabling cookies won't work. That option only applies to the default browser. If you have no other browsers then IE would be your default browser.

• ericchristine
    28 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 12:01 AM

Thank you Snaike,

Installing Google Chrome works a treat.

I am now able to "hack" my way around the different courses rather than take the "misers" way of playing nine holes on courses for free.

Thanks also to everyone who tried to help but a great big thank you to Snaike.

Eric

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 3:43 PM

Anytime Eric.... lots of good friendly helpful folk around here.

Peace.

RSS