Forums

Help › Forums

Irons

Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:25 PM (30 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 7:43 AM

austinpowers2001:
    I was leaning towards the Tour Burners though because they have more spin.

This might be a good move. The TMs forgive a little more than the Pings and both have the same trajectory. Maybe forego the 1/2 dot in accuracy for the 1/2 dot more of forgiveness until you get to Master. At the Pro level it makes it easier to learn. Nothing compares to the Pings at the Master level.

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 9:37 PM

I must have no bloody coordination because I can't get used to these G10's,I'm afraid I'm throwing in the towel and going back to the raptures,I own the G10's so I'll still practice from time to time. I know,I'm a damn coward but I haven't been able to hit a cow's backside with a banjo for the last two days.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Aug 3 2010 9:50 PM

surprised to hear that Bluenose. I tried the i15's first, and found them to be ridiculous, and offer very little. Went to the g10's after that, and haven't looked back since.

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Wed, Aug 4 2010 3:14 AM

You went from a faster meter to a slower one,that might be a worthwhile ploy,I might check it out,later though because I want my whirling head to settle a bit first before I try them again.

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 4:54 AM

Well,thanks to the G13 S ball I am beginning to see some light at the end of the tunnel,the G10's have a much more manageable meter speed with those balls.I might be losing out slightly on distance but it's worth it not to be totally stressed during every shot lol.

Does anyone know if the G13 D ball will still stop fairly dead on landing?I notice it has no spin rating at all.If the lack of spin ain't too bad I might give the G13 D a try to get a little touch more distance.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 12:58 PM

Bluenose12:
    Does anyone know if the G13 D ball will still stop fairly dead on landing?I notice it has no spin rating at all

It will not.  GI3-D (for Distance) and GI3-S (for Spin) will only slow your meter down the same speed.  The balls will not act like one another in flight.

You can have either S(pin) or D(istance).... 

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:21 PM

Snaike:

Bluenose12:
    Does anyone know if the G13 D ball will still stop fairly dead on landing?I notice it has no spin rating at all

It will not.  GI3-D (for Distance) and GI3-S (for Spin) will only slow your meter down the same speed.  The balls will not act like one another in flight.

You can have either S(pin) or D(istance).... 

Thanks,I think I'll stick with the spin one then.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 1:52 PM

Wondering when we'll get the GI3-SD???  Or the GI5-SD?!  Or even the GI-HCITTHAPIWYWI ball?  (Game Improvement-Hand Carry it to the Hole and Place it Where You Want It ball)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:04 PM

Doublemochaman:
    (Game Improvement-Hand Carry it to the Hole and Place it Where You Want It ball)

With vapor

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 2:22 PM

Dang!  I left out the vapor!  And I forgot the new ball colors:  Mauve, magenta, plaid and avocado.  (With rainbow vapor trails, of course)

RSS