Forums

Help › Forums

Random Act of generosiy

Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:42 PM (39 replies)
  • TomHarris77
    36 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 5:54 AM

I'm on the edge with this game.

Thankyou for your post.  Some perspective always seems to help when things are a bit down.  If things get tight again let me know.

Tom

• downhillpro
    21 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 6:02 AM

frappefort:

Here is something a have witnessed this morning . its 10 am  i am sitting on a park bench near a Canal ,where peoples walk ,bike,and soak in the sun , i am reading a newspaper, i notice in front of me a homeless  man ,he is going from garbage to garbage bin and picking up plastic bottles and tin cans ect. Has i am watching this i notice this young girl sitting in her car watching him,         so i  dont pay any more attention ,and i ear Sir, Sir,  this young woman  is calling this homeless man ,so  he gets close to the passenger window and she give him something, then i eard in French this man say  you are going to make me cry  lady, she says something to him and takes of . Has he turn around he sees me and he knows that i have witnessed everything , he walks towards me  is shaking  hand holding 2 X 20$ bills ,i look in is eyes and he is almost crying. And he keeps saying i dont beleive it .          Now i am  touch  deeply .                                      Now why say this to the community ,some will wonder .            it is 3.30 pm and i still have this feeling not sure how to explain  but i am humble , proud of the goodness of people .  There is hope after all.         This feeling i have, is the same i had not long ago  . Let me explain , one day my Monitor died on me ,i had a back up ,an antique  i could not realy play on it ,but i was able to write and read post in the forum.       Because i have many friends ,and not wanting for them to wonder if i had a probleme ,i decided to let them know i would be out of commission ,until i got myself a new Monitor ,some knew  that i am on a fix income i barely  make it    at the end of the month.           I never asked for anything ,guess what 3 hous later  10 members offered to bye me a new monitor ,  some members i had never seen or heard about , 2 members of my CC,sent me a message asking for my adresses ,that they would come and pick me up and bye me a Monitor......  The same day a friend came he does not play golf or this game ,when i showed  him the act of generosity from some members in the post  ,he was surprise , before he left he took 100tiny_mce_markernbsp; ,looked at me and said Francois  here is my gift to you ,    so i hurry to write all the members the good news,I took the time to thank them all , and to finish that post i said now i just have to fill out a few surveys  and do the carousel and get the good balls .         Well  2 or 3 hours later i had 35 Nikes Level 71 balls gifted to me by members, somes i did not even know.       Last exemple of Generous people , Last weekend  free rental we had , i am then level 99  or 100 , so i rented the R1 ,when that night i was playing with some friends , i mentionned  the R1 was the best driver i had tried on this game , but it was to expensive  for my wallet .  And i was happy with my R11,s   .  I got up the next day to see an EMail  ,i had received a Gift ....      WOW  the R1 was in my bag .   When i said TY  and said to the member in question that he did not have to do this , he said: i know but i felt like gifting you and it made me feel good .     Now  why do i write this post   ,   because to many time i ear members say  its just a virtuel  game Man .          For me and many ,it is much much more .  No matter how bad my writting is, there are members here that respect others ,  members  that are so generous of there time  and gift for the pleasure of gifting .   I did not name  names here, i would not want members to be called upon to gift more because they are being asked :).          Again TY all   and TY WGT for giving me a place to be proud to belong to a Generous community.          Francois (Frapp) 

very nice story FRAPPEFORT.

But it isn't everything in reaciving and getting it how ppl and random ppl r good and warm... Next time try to give something  to that homeless or somebody in need, dollar, two dollars, a warm smile.etc. (you get my point) and you'll feel 1000x what you felt in your little story..

tc

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 1:00 PM

Histoire très bonne mon ami Francois!

(tyvm Babylon translation)

I always wondered what a Frappefort is so I looked it up in Webster's Dictionary and here's what I found....

We must play again soon no?

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 1:34 PM

andyson:

Histoire très bonne mon ami Francois!

Lol, Andy you are one of a kind like our good friend Francois :-))

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 1:41 PM

LMAO.   Maryjane.  :-D

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 7:10 PM

Can't leave the man alone. LMAO have you ever been in a room with one of his aromatic candles. I heard it is Nirvana and the ladies are in a totally different state of behavior. I don't know, just asking.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 9:10 PM

lmao       ANDYSON

• PhilA2
    441 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2013 9:41 PM

Thanks for posting.

• RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Sun, Jun 2 2013 8:26 PM

Sensitive and touching post. Yes there are good people here :)

RSS