Forums

Help › Forums

Random Act of generosiy

Sun, Apr 20 2014 6:42 PM (39 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 1:17 PM

Here is something a have witnessed this morning . its 10 am  i am sitting on a park bench near a Canal ,where peoples walk ,bike,and soak in the sun , i am reading a newspaper, i notice in front of me a homeless  man ,he is going from garbage to garbage bin and picking up plastic bottles and tin cans ect. Has i am watching this i notice this young girl sitting in her car watching him,         so i  dont pay any more attention ,and i ear Sir, Sir,  this young woman  is calling this homeless man ,so  he gets close to the passenger window and she give him something, then i eard in French this man say  you are going to make me cry  lady, she says something to him and takes of . Has he turn around he sees me and he knows that i have witnessed everything , he walks towards me  is shaking  hand holding 2 X 20$ bills ,i look in is eyes and he is almost crying. And he keeps saying i dont beleive it .          Now i am  touch  deeply .                                      Now why say this to the community ,some will wonder .            it is 3.30 pm and i still have this feeling not sure how to explain  but i am humble , proud of the goodness of people .  There is hope after all.         This feeling i have, is the same i had not long ago  . Let me explain , one day my Monitor died on me ,i had a back up ,an antique  i could not realy play on it ,but i was able to write and read post in the forum.       Because i have many friends ,and not wanting for them to wonder if i had a probleme ,i decided to let them know i would be out of commission ,until i got myself a new Monitor ,some knew  that i am on a fix income i barely  make it    at the end of the month.           I never asked for anything ,guess what 3 hous later  10 members offered to bye me a new monitor ,  some members i had never seen or heard about , 2 members of my CC,sent me a message asking for my adresses ,that they would come and pick me up and bye me a Monitor......  The same day a friend came he does not play golf or this game ,when i showed  him the act of generosity from some members in the post  ,he was surprise , before he left he took 100$  ,looked at me and said Francois  here is my gift to you ,    so i hurry to write all the members the good news,I took the time to thank them all , and to finish that post i said now i just have to fill out a few surveys  and do the carousel and get the good balls .         Well  2 or 3 hours later i had 35 Nikes Level 71 balls gifted to me by members, somes i did not even know.       Last exemple of Generous people , Last weekend  free rental we had , i am then level 99  or 100 , so i rented the R1 ,when that night i was playing with some friends , i mentionned  the R1 was the best driver i had tried on this game , but it was to expensive  for my wallet .  And i was happy with my R11,s   .  I got up the next day to see an EMail  ,i had received a Gift ....      WOW  the R1 was in my bag .   When i said TY  and said to the member in question that he did not have to do this , he said: i know but i felt like gifting you and it made me feel good .     Now  why do i write this post   ,   because to many time i ear members say  its just a virtuel  game Man .          For me and many ,it is much much more .  No matter how bad my writting is, there are members here that respect others ,  members  that are so generous of there time  and gift for the pleasure of gifting .   I did not name  names here, i would not want members to be called upon to gift more because they are being asked :).          Again TY all   and TY WGT for giving me a place to be proud to belong to a Generous community.          Francois (Frapp) 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 1:28 PM

I understood every word, Francois, good on you. Good things happen to good people.  ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 1:35 PM

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 1:35 PM

Yes Frapp , there are many many good people in the world and on WGT. I too am on a fixed income, only I have a grandson and my own 1 1/2 year old to support ( the 1/1/2 year old was a blessing from God , for what ever reason he has.)  but yes I to have had friends gift me balls when I was down to having to use the starter ball. 

It makes me feel sad that I am not in a position to repay them with gifts, I guess that's why I take this game so serious, so that maybe one day I will be able to win RG and be one of the high earners  so I will be able to gift  back to all the people that has helped me, and to help new players .

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 1:59 PM

YankeeJim:
    Good things happen to good people.

Very  true.....

Thought provoking as usual Frapp,  n1

Andy

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:07 PM

TY verry much ,all of you friends that  wrote comments  on my post ....    I know most of you and always shown me  great class.      Woodoworkery ,i understand you ,,i fell the same when members  are generous and   good to me ,  But  you adding to this post ,me writting this message of generosity is our way to say TY .   And yes one day and i do sometime  will gift for the pleasure of doing so.   In the mean time i try to be polite ,be someone that gives and receive respect . And always ready to help with my limited ways .      Thanks again all.:)    

• josephk2317
    873 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:11 PM

Well Frapp, you just made a grown man tear up. Thank you for this message of generosity. Tears of Joy for that homeless man; Joy, that a Preacher once said not to lose.

Through the struggles I thought I had lost those two precious gifts: Inner Joy & Compassion. 

Tears that we share together as one  family we all belong to called......The Human Race.

Thanks again for making my day!

Joe

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:11 PM

Yes - there are great people here. remember the twelve days of Christmas !! that and many other examples are exuded by the members of this Community. i see it quite frequently. recently i had started a thread and received a few gifts (not expected) in which I was quite thankful - as i am in the same position as you. i know that this happens outside of our tiny community of golf. God bless us all - there is still humanity at work and there is hope for humankind after all. play often and have fun !!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 2:37 PM

alcaucin:

YankeeJim:
    Good things happen to good people.

Very  true.....

Thought provoking as usual Frapp,  n1

Andy

Wow, words fail to come to me right now, all I can say is + infinity to^^

And.... Woodo,  1 1/2 years old already?!?!?!   seems like just last month man. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2013 4:58 PM

Thanks for this heartwarming thread Francois, yes there are many great members here at WGT, and makes me pleased I am a part of the community. With all the negativity in the forums sometimes, just hearing of one of the stories suddenly negates all of those posts.

frappefort:
    there are members here that respect others

And for me this is the key, so nothing wrong with your writing and English (and you are lucky you have never heard my pathetic effort at speaking French lol). Respect, you have from me, and yes, respect is earned!

RSS