Forums

Help › Forums

Gifting question

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 9:12 AM (32 replies)
  • wjh1987
    58 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:22 PM

Either I can't read or see, but I just became master and actually have pro clubs I want to gift my friends, is it possible? 

I know you can buy to gift, but since I have them and don't use them, why not gift them to my friends!

Please help this ignorant player!

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Jul 23 2010 2:55 PM

Hi wjh,

You cannot gift clubs that you already own to another player, however, you can sell them back to the Pro Shop for a partial refund.

• wjh1987
    58 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 1:32 PM

Don't yo mean TINY refund!  And just why isn't that an option?  You can gift ones your purchase!, Does it have to do with making more money?

In any event, thank for the reply!

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jul 24 2010 1:54 PM

It's the year 2012.  WGT has been letting everyone freely exchange equipment now for almost two years.  There are posts from newbies begging for old clubs, and members are gifting them freely.  In fact. WGT stopped charging for balls almost a year ago.  They haven't made a new course in over 16 months.  Advertisers have left in droves questioning the company's viability.  Last night's business news bemoaned the fact that the San Francisco company was going out of business due to lack of capital. 

(This cautionary tale brought to you by DoubleMochaMan who does not mind paying for clubs and balls so that the site can flourish and keep improving)

• wjh1987
    58 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:56 AM

Thanks Mocha

I do understand, but just thougth I would give a club to a friend who truly cant afford it thats all...

• pattonto
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:58 AM

I would also like to gift clubs I own to other up & coming players. I think it is very unfair of WGT not to have this facility.

Maybe it would generate more members & money for them if they allowed this.

Some people just cannot afford to buy clubs. Some people also do not have access to credit cards in order to buy credits. Why should I have to sell my old clubs at half price and then pay full price to gift the same clubs to someone else.

As you move through the tiers, you upgrade. You should be able to do what you like with your used clubs.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 8:01 AM

wjh1987:

Thanks Mocha

I do understand, but just thougth I would give a club to a friend who truly cant afford it thats all...

If that is the case, simply buy another one and gift it to him.  (Unless it's Master gear.)

wjh1987:
    Does it have to do with making more money?
    Of course it does.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 2:58 PM

Pattonto... I'm beginning to think WGT assigned the wrong terminology to the process of "buying" clubs.  I believe we all need to begin thinking of club accrual as sort of a long term lease on the clubs that never runs out, until we trade in the clubs and get a nominal return on them.  While they are in our bag or in our equipment list we don't really own them in the sense we can do anything other than play golf with them. 

So I think it'll remove a lot of frustration if people stop thinking in terms of ownership.  Think lease!  And keep your head down.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 3:04 PM

wjh1987:

You can direct your friend to the free surveys and offers that users can complete to earn credits.  A 20 minute investment into the Ampario surveys can yield quite a few credits with very little effort as long as you qualify.  There are options for those who cannot or wish not to spend money.  By doing it this way your friend can get some clubs for free and you can get the refund on yours too.

• wjh1987
    58 Posts
    Sun, Jul 25 2010 5:25 PM

Yep, just like life here on earth... everything is temporary!!!! 

But this day in age with the financial situation, it isn't wise to sell a club that you purchased for 200 and get 20 for it... then buy it again for 200  gee, that makes it 380 total.... As a friend of mine said,,,,, "DON'T BUY A MORTGAGE THROUGH THESE PEOPLE"

rof lmbo

RSS