Tour Legends listed by WGT Scoring Average

Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:02 PM (373 replies)
  • MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:49 AM

Spammage:

MichaelStroke:

SP is better than fmags.

Just no.  There are so many at the top of that list that are there simply because they only play CC tourneys with short tees that it tarnishes the list.  IMO the average shouldn't be included in the calculation if you aren't playing ranked rounds from your own tees.  Nothing against SweetiePie as an individual - but I don't see her winning any major tourneys anytime soon.

Totally agree, which is what I was kinda getting at.  They're both good players, but it was making a subtle jab at how the TL tier has become seriously watered down by the "red tee warriors" backdooring their way in.  I've shot my share of 25s and 26s from the kiddie tees, but lately I've been on a kick of the monthly Andrews deal.  Now that means a slower progression because of me only being able to do 27-29 as opposed to 25, but I like to think that it gives me a proper work-up to my match play and what-not.

Of course, I was never in a rush to make TL.  That's why I'm doing MP for 95% of my time here.

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:53 AM

I wonder if WGT has a facility for gambling?

Maybe they should think about it.

It would generate a lot of interest, and income for them.

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 8:56 AM

ColumbusStorm:
    Not missing, December1 is at position 739. You may not recognize 42339 but I think that is Microsoft Excel's text version of December1.
    Cheers CS, I had an inkling excel might have had something to do with it.

Is 23377 another one (position 1340) as I can't find them as a WGT player either.

(I think I just worked that one out to be Jan64 ?)

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 9:10 AM

In April, I will have 6 years here. In past times I have beaten the likes of Tibbets, AvatarLee, and other names much better than I. I once won a ready go with a 58 beating nivlac by 4 shots. FMagnets is currently believed to be our active best...there are others close to, or equal to him. This list keeps me playing a bit and provides an object and a goal to warrent a little of my time. For me, with all my years of play, monotony is my enemy. I have no desire to "beat" anyone. I never have. At one time I enjoyed match-play games but they don't fit my nature. I feel bad if I win and bad if I lose, so it is out. I bore of other modes ie single play (a 61 or 62 doesn't cut it for my desires), unlimited play ( I have never enjoyed camping on a game to hit a number), CTTH (been there, done that, although I enjoy the new Bandon venue). I do enjoy alt-shot but usually get booted. I also am way past being a lacky of the wgt/icon  course selections. As for winning any majors, I only care about the US Open and odds for winning it are as long for me as they are for everyone here. And so I shall continue doing what I enjoy, if for no other reason than to keep myself alive here, and playing a bit. And I thank C-Storm for his work on this list and the fact he will have 2 years with it in April.. ;-}     

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 9:40 AM

Thus my definition of a TL....."Birdie everything and you MIGHT win something"

:)

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 9:57 AM

Cheers to your active and friendly presence here, Sweets!

---

Concerning the numbers:

23377 IS Jan64 (this is a TL), as it is the numerical representation of Jan 01, 1964 in Excel.

42339 stands for Dec 01, 2015. December1 translates to it.

Excel does the auto-transformation of the names to the numbers as soon as they are entered into a cell (a major peeve for me, as different formats between English and German play havoc too often).

The only chance to overcome the problem at hand is to preface those (or all) names with a ' (apostrophe) BEFORE ENTERING to Excel to eliminate the automatic transformation.

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 10:21 AM

Thanks for that Alosso, but I'm having a problem with Excel at the moment as I just cannot get it to sort those kind of entries, ie Jan64...Dec1 in alphabetical order. No matter what I do it's still treating those entries as dates when I want them sorted as just a text entry, grrr.  : )

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 10:44 AM

alosso:
    The only chance to overcome the problem at hand is to preface those (or all) names with a ' (apostrophe) BEFORE ENTERING to Excel to eliminate the automatic transformation.

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 11:00 AM

For me Alosso, that does not work. I have solved it now though, had to use custom sort at which point you get a warning pop-up...

...choose the bottom option to get the 'dates' sorted as though they are just text entries. What a pain in the butt!  An it'll be one of those things that when it crops up again, it'll be just long enough for me to have forgotten how I solved it last time, lol.

P.S.   3 TL's that have dropped off the radar.    

dedBuNNy pcgolfer99 xXxjasonxXx
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2015 4:14 PM

ScottHope:

For me Alosso, that does not work. I have solved it now though, had to use custom sort at which point you get a warning pop-up...

...choose the bottom option to get the 'dates' sorted as though they are just text entries. What a pain in the butt!  An it'll be one of those things that when it crops up again, it'll be just long enough for me to have forgotten how I solved it last time, lol.

P.S.   3 TL's that have dropped off the radar.    

dedBuNNy pcgolfer99 xXxjasonxXx

Why are they off the list ? Do they still play or vanished ?

RSS