Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Legends listed by WGT Scoring Average

Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:02 PM (373 replies)
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 10:27 AM

LOLserver:

What is it that took the two of you "lots of time to design, implement and introduce the "red tee" program? what program?, you joking I guess...sry but that is more annoying to hear than anything else.

In other words, or more 'simple' for you to follow, is that the implimentation of the Red tee CC function was the very stupid, non-visionary idea and hasty brainstorm done entirely by the wonder boys at WGT. 

I think it was going on for two years before I even was aware of it.

The use of this very bad, harmful function is not a taboo, but something legitimized by daft WGT fiat.  

But what is more interesting than your "that is more annoying to hear" comment is the deep-seeded contempt that never ends coming from you and the other sour, whiny old crabs who, in truth, have no business playing from the tips and should move to the Reds. Give your mind a break from its habitual judging. I do praise Mags for his 23 at Oly which is a -11, but I would expect it from him. As for my several 24's at Kiawah and Jessica's 22 at Merion, those scores are at -12. Show me yours...let me praise you.  ~ SP ~   

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:20 AM

SP...I hope I wasn't included in the "whiny old crab" group....although, I'm actually not certain what criteria qualifies a person for the distinction...I have read many of the posts in this string and I don't see anyone who really belongs there....that said, you may have history with a few scribes that I am unaware of.  I do agree that my use of the word "cheating" (or even "personal gain" to some degree) may be misplaced here and, for that, I apologize to you....If no credits are on the line, or ruse is being perpetrated at someones' expense (ala sand-bagging), then I guess there is no harm done. 

I just don't get the point of skilled players, with top equipment, hitting from Hack tees and publishing low scores as a legitimate accomplishment. The "personal gain"  I referred to is it becomes much easier for people to progress up the tiers to TL, Champion, etc. It's akin to someone using a calculator while others do long division by hand, and  then bragging up the high mark he/she received on a math test when accepting the trophy.

cheers,

ct

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 1:24 PM

ct690911:
     I just don't get the point of skilled players, with top equipment, hitting from Hack tees and publishing low scores as a legitimate accomplishment.

^^. This.

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Sep 25 2015 11:02 PM

fmagnets:

Now I'll just have to think of something interesting to say.... ;-)  

He is not only the best around but a clever man...

LOLserver:

Lilly, after seeing mags awesome 23 at Olympic playing from legend tees.....can you imagine what mags would do playing from red tees in ANY WGT course?, he or ANY of the top players would certainly score a 20 or even a 19 and I am afraid you would probably still insist Jessica's red tees show off is worth it.

& I was........right!!! ; )))

Loving ya Lilly : )))

Eric 

RSS