Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • jigglybutt
    208 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 4:49 PM

I'd love to see an actual # for the amount of strokes left on balls instead of just a meter that goes red and gives a guesstimate. Do I have 30 strokes left or 21?? Just think it would be a good idea to know the actual # of hits left on my balls. 

This does not mean I'll be buying less balls it just means when I pay for something, I want to know exactly how many swings I have left instead of guessing.

I don't think this is an outrageous proposal. :) 

I mean wgt can throw claps and bird chirps and what not in on a whim. Why not do something for us for a change that we can actually benefit from.

Love the game, this is just something I've always thought about. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Sun, May 4 2014 11:50 PM

it would be great to have a uneven lies multi round, maybe have one once a month.

Also it would be a good challenge to have wind in tournaments that change from low to moderate during the round or go from moderate to low, it might make things interesting

a good idea for country clubs would be to be able to set up a 4 round tournament that last a month (7 days each round), give people more time to complete the whole tournament

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 2:16 PM

We all know, especially in certain parts of the forums, that WGT takes a pretty good beating consistently. So, in addition to my suggestion I want to add something positive as well.

I think WGT has done an outstanding job in obtaining some of the courses they have here. This is major expensive thing to do, and if you ever want to post a question as to why Augusta isn't here, just don't. The only way you will see Augusta National on any site would be with painted holes and played with stick figures, and the site would prolly still get sued.

So, big props to WGT for getting such a major course as Pinehurst #2. I've read some posts about how it's str8 and boring with fairway's that are way too wide, and  some greens don't hold balls well. Well, that IS Pinehurst #2, and until about a decade ago, every PGA course designed had huge forgiving fairways, with very tough greens.

We should be thankful it wasn't coded into the site with the exact same ratings as the real course because no one would ever finish a round. If you ever have a chance to go to a PGA event go. You will be amazed at how wide the FW's are in RL compared to seeing them on TV. Plus, you'll have a good time.

Now, to my suggestion, and I know it has been raised before, but something has to be tried to make the bracket tournament's move along quicker. Maybe 12 or 15 hour round periods. And if everyone is finished with their match, and their scores are posted, maybe it could be made to allow whoever wants to play their next round could do so.

I know the bracket's are a work in progress, and I think they are a gr8 addition to the site, but they are so slow. I played a semi-final round yesterday and all scores have been in for over 10 hours now. It seems to me, WGT would want to get the final round played and open the next bracket in line. Faster usually equals more money in just about anything.

But, I'm no programmer, so if what I am asking is too time consuming for the time that would be saved, I understand WGT not wanting to do it.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 2:27 PM

PRStevenson:
    IMHO truly good players can play well with good clubs and bad clubs, good balls and bad balls, even lies and uneven lies. Judgement and precision are critical and practice goes a long way.

And I fully agree with your assessment, and know it to be true also. However, I don't want to spend time I could be using to master the game with the balls and clubs I have selected to use for now, training to learn how to hit a starter ball on the ding. Which I can do anyway, mostly because I like fast meter's, but that day I didn't realize I was hitting a starter until the meter was running.

I also understand that WGT may not just want to mess with the programming there, and I know it all comes down to money. But I also know that players would be grateful to clear out there extra balls, and would continue buying the balls they prefer. The game can be played with any equipment, and played well, but at some point equipment does become the difference maker. It's the same for the pro's and once they hit a certain skill level.

I assure you, Tiger would lose 50-75 yards a drive with starter balls, and that could relate into 3-6 strokes per round, depending on the course. Golf is about form and technique and muscle memory, no question, but ask a pro what great equipment can do for a golfer's game once they reach a certain level of expertise.

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Tue, May 6 2014 3:21 PM

ShadyShank:
    Now, to my suggestion, and I know it has been raised before, but something has to be tried to make the bracket tournament's move along quicker. Maybe 12 or 15 hour round periods. And if everyone is finished with their match, and their scores are posted, maybe it could be made to allow whoever wants to play their next round could do so.

Try a speed bracket

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:13 PM

SPINO1:
    Try a speed bracket

I have, successfully, and then couldn't get the next 9 in in the 30 minutes allotted because of distraction's. Was finishing #8 and was told I was outta time. Yep, I'd like to see the Tiered Paid Entry Brackets, 18 holes, Master Tier and all Tiers, have rounds every 12 hours instead of 24. Maybe even 8 hours.

There must be a time limit that gives players time to have their sleep, get up, and be able to finish the next round if they win the preceding round. I'm no mathematician, in fact figures and formula's spell migraine to me, but certainly a 24 hour time period on each round can be shortened, even a little, and not affect the players' time to complete rounds.

And, I sincerely do not like bitching about things like this, but it is a player suggestion thread, and I know I'm far from the only player to ask for this. If WGT does not want to hear what WGT Players would like to see implemented, to make their experience more enjoyable, then they shouldn't ask for suggestion's.

However, I am grateful for the thread for its intended purpose, and because it does show that WGT wants to make the site more enjoyable for the players. The sincerity of this is the only thing I may question considering the thread is full of sarcastic, off-topic, and UN-helpful replies.

But, thank you for the effort, WGT, I appreciate it.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 12:39 AM

WGT can we have the option to play ranked uneven lies when setting up a strokeplay, matchplay etc

if you made the lies option available when setting up a game it would give us the option to play it ranked.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 2:08 PM

Balls should be arranged in order so if one ball run out and other ball take over. By doing this WGT is going to make money than we using starter ball in rest of the round as of now.

Its common sense approach. 

just like club slot , there should be ball slot where you can order the balls.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 2:22 PM

alexk345:
    By doing this WGT is going to make money than we using starter ball in rest of the round as of now.

How would WGT make money this way? Forcing you to play the same ball from start to finish forces you to buy balls mid-round. Letting you play any ball in your bag would allow you to avoid buying balls.

alexk345:
    Its common sense approach.

Your suggestion completely lacks any semblance of common (business) sense.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 2:25 PM

All the ball in your bad is credit ball (means u spent money already). At present when ball runs out it goes to starter ball. 

Using credit ball is only way WGT make money , so forcing us using starter ball is bad business idea.

RSS