Forums

Help › Forums

Latest Feature Requests - Proposal for WGTIcon and WGT

Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:21 PM (623 replies)
  • ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Thu, Apr 17 2014 2:54 AM

alanti:

Finally a couple of points - if you upgrade your clubs you should remap the clubs - and stick with one ball. Also be wary of using full backspin - the risk is missing the ding and will have poorer results as a rule.

If you want a game just ask and hopefully we can get in a hit, time zones and schedules permitting.

Alanti, I suppose I could have made this easier by letting you know that I do map my clubs and understand, for the most part, what wind, spin, aim etc. will do depending on where you put your dot before hitting.

I stayed away from the wedges with the big spin until this past week for the reason you mention. But, I got the Cleveland 64 degree because I know if I can learn to use it properly it will lower my scores, eventually. If I could carry my Ping 64 as well I would, but I'm not giving up either one of my other Ping wedges to carry a 64 I'm good with and one I'm getting to know. I'll just suffer thru this learning process until the Cleveland starts producing eagles on par 4's from 50 yards out. Or, I'll never get it and that baby gets sold back.

As for a game, I'm always up for games that involve at least one more person than me. : ) I prefer the skins format, but am happy to play for the lowest amount. It just happens to be my favorite format, and to me it just isn't skins without, at least, 10 skins riding on each hole. But, you made the offer so it's your choice when we can make it happen. 90 second timer would be good our 1st round so we have time to chat some, and I get to learn some more. ; )

Thanks Alanti,

Kevin

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 7:42 AM

Okay, I just had something occur that has happened many times and I have no idea why it does, it makes no sense, and it really, really, frustrates me sometimes.

I was just 5 under at the turn in the Glenmorangie Cup & had a 25mph tailwind on 10 so I figured I'd go for it over the little canal of water. I've done it several X with less wind. Anyway, it was my last ball of level 71 Nike, but I have 6 or 7 other Nike balls, all with one left, 3 Callaway's, even 7 little light blue balls from a ways back.

Well, I knocked the cover off it, but it somehow landed in the water anyway. Why would the game give me a starter ball to replace the lost ball when I have so many much better ones to choose from? If this is a default setting it flat out needs to be changed immediately and never to be brought back. It is, by far, the most ridiculous thing, as far as game-play goes, I have seen here.

Please, whatever needs to be done to put your next best ball into play when you run out of the one you are using, please just do it. It can not be difficult from a programming, software, or getting approval standpoint. Oh, the starter ball and it's lightening fast meter I hadn't seen in months, ended up OB next shot so I'm hitting 5 from 240 out and there goes my round.

Yes, I am holding back big time right now.

Thank you, WGT.

ShadyShank

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 9:08 AM

ShadyShank:
    Okay, I just had something occur that has happened many times

ShadyShank:
    I was just 5 under at the turn in the Glenmorangie Cup & had a 25mph tailwind on 10 so I figured I'd go for it over the little canal of water.

ShadyShank:
    Well, I knocked the cover off it, but it somehow landed in the water anyway.

ShadyShank:
    Why would the game give me a starter ball to replace the lost ball

1. You knew what would happen if you lost your ball since it has occurred many times to you.

2. It's your responsibility to know how many "good" balls you have remaining. So you should have known it was your last one.

3. You tried it anyway.

4. You have no complaint.

This issue of replacing a lost ball with a starter ball vs another premium ball in your bag has been beat to death on the forum. WGT's response was to add the reminder "This is your last ball...." at the start of any game where you have 1 ball of that type remaining.

I believe you also can add balls to your inventory at any time during a game by opening another window and going to the pro shop.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Apr 18 2014 11:21 AM

andyson:
    I believe you also can add balls to your inventory at any time during a game by opening another window and going to the pro shop.

of the same type, yes

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 5:28 AM

andyson:
    1. You knew what would happen if you lost your ball since it has occurred many times to you.

1. I didn't know it would happen because there have been times when I used the last level 71 Nike I had and it was replaced with the next best ball I had, which is exactly how it should work. In golf, you are allowed a certain number of balls in your bag at the start of a round. Now, if you happened to have 15 new, yet different good brands of balls, and 1 range ball in your bag, would you replace a lost ball with the range ball?

andyson:
    2. It's your responsibility to know how many "good" balls you have remaining. So you should have known it was your last one.

2. I knew very well how many "good" balls I had, and I even said so in my post. Like I said, if replacing a players last level 70 ball with a starter ball, instead of a level 48 ball in their bag, is a programmed default, then it should be re-programmed to place the next best ball in play. It's not as if players are asking for much when they beat this topic to death some more. After all, did they not pay for the other balls they have?

andyson:
    3. You tried it anyway.

3. Yes I did. I don't have an endless supply of cash money falling from my pockets to buy a 450 credit sleeve every time WGT reminds me, as if I don't already know, that I'm using the last "type" of a ball I have at the moment. I also know that I have 15 other balls that are rated much better than the starter balls, but WGT has chosen to make me use the worst ball in my bag. Let me know when any part of this makes any sense for WGT to have the game programmed this way?

andyson:

4. You have no complaint.

This issue of replacing a lost ball with a starter ball vs another premium ball in your bag has been beat to death on the forum. WGT's response was to add the reminder "This is your last ball...." at the start of any game where you have 1 ball of that type remaining.

4. So, a player, who is 5 under at the turn of one of the big tournaments put on here, has no reason to complain that the ONLY option they have in a case like this is to be forced to spend money they may not have at that time? And, if they do not, they have no way to equip one of the many other much better balls in their bag already?

Also, what need is there for a player to buy more balls during a round when they have good balls in their bag? Which, by the way, is NOT allowed in the PGA. If a player decides they need a softer ball during the US Open, they can't go to the Pro Shop and buy some. Or, and this just occurred to me, do you have to buy a virtual bag in order for the next best ball to be put into play? If so, I'll be thrilled to buy a bag, that performs exactly one function, for the 400 or whatever amount of credits it costs.

WGT only allows a certain amount of certain types of clubs to be equipped during a round, and the clubs can not be switched out during the round. Just like the PGA. As far as I know, WGT uses all rules of golf which can be applied in virtual golf, with the exception of one. Why is that?

I only ask that the very last question asked be answered, and it will be appreciated, sincerely. Well, if you do need a virtual bag to make this happen I would appreciate knowing that too.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 6:01 AM

ShadyShank:

there have been times when I used the last level 71 Nike I had and it was replaced with the next best ball I had

Sorry but this cannot have happened.  WGT policy has always been that if you run out of the type of ball you're playing with you go to the freebies.   Even if you have the same ball but in a different colour you still get the free ones.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 6:07 AM

ShadyShank:

4. So, a player, who is 5 under at the turn of one of the big tournaments put on here, has no reason to complain that the ONLY option they have in a case like this is to be forced to spend money they may not have at that time? And, if they do not, they have no way to equip one of the many other much better balls in their bag already?

Me again.  WGT adopts a strict one ball policy whereby you have to finish the round with the same type of ball you started or a free one.  The alternative would be to be disqualified.  They give us a break by allowing us to carry on with a free ball.

It might help if you bring the edit equipment screen to mind.  At this point you equip your bag with the clubs and balls you want to use.  Notice there is only one slot for balls?  The others are not in your bag, they're in your locker back in the clubhouse or at home in the garage.

• cwall52
    9 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:00 PM

Alanti,

One item I would like to change is the visibility of the flagsticks. From some shot views you can't see them at all. Make them neon or just larger or something.

TY

cwall52

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:51 PM

ShadyShank:

Yep, it was all your fault.

ShadyShank:
    As far as I know, WGT uses all rules of golf which can be applied in virtual golf, with the exception of one. Why is that?

Nope, no exception taken to the rules of golf.  WGT is applying the "one ball condition" as MM stated above.  Use of only one ball type is decided by the tournament committee.  Which in this case is WGT.

You might want to check the USGA rule book, Appendix I, Part C - Conditions of the Competition, 1. c.  It's in there.

And search the forums for one ball rule.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Sat, Apr 19 2014 4:53 PM

ok guys this is one for wgt, you cannot change the compression of your ball during play of a hole, and if you are carrying a bag there is no limitation on amount.

RSS