Forums

Help › Forums

LET'S BE HONEST

Mon, Feb 27 2017 4:33 PM (2,573 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:18 PM

Heck Paul, that just sucks.....talking about hitting the PW, no spin and........

Seriously, I had heard of Marfans, but knew very little about it. Surprisingly 1 in 5000 people suffer, so is relatively common.

Whilst you listed potential effects, it sounds like strategies can be placed to prevent or reduce the risk of these occurring. So as Colin said, listen to what your doctor says and follow that advice.

In other words....stop being stubborn (typical Leo).

As Mark lyrically penned, we are on this planet for a short time, custodians for the next generation. What we contribute is up to us. On WGT you have contributed heaps, made us laugh and made your alt partners cry (when you say WTF, PW, I dinged in and it went.......) and I am sure you have done exactly the same in real life.

Personally I look forward to many many more years of you doing the same.

Attitude is the key, believe and back yourself 100% of the way, and half the battle is won.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:39 PM

paul:

i chose to not put my "story" on this thread.  having read your entry i just may.

you enlighten the forums with your wit and intelligence much as andyson did.

for the sake of the rest of us you will maintain!  my nickle.

• Beryman
    9,084 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:40 PM

take care Paul

nothing more can be added except continue being you and doing those things that you do so well ...one of which is your top notch skill with graphics and helping others

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:50 PM

Salut  Paul  , i have known you  for a long time ...always something to bring to the forums ,you have been like a Andyson, a Yance, and to many to mention , you are a person of interest in WGT land ......:)                              I am with you  for what you are facing .           Bon courage mon ami .          Francois(Frapp)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 4:51 PM

Paul. I can't seeing this kicking your ass. You are one of the few that has the intestinal fortitude to beat the odds. Hang in there my friend and keep giving it hell. Just like the old Squirrel Nutz who has not spoken of my woes. This issue is mine to deal with and I shall do my best.

Rich

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:07 PM

renniw52:
    Her little brother Jensen is at this moment drving a duelie and pulling a big trailer with 2 legend cars in it and driving to Connecticut to try for his 3rd national title in Legends.

Hey Rich,

Where in Connecticut? Waterford? If so, maybe I'll head over and check it out, that's 15 minutes from me. When is the event?

MC

• txzdave
    1,316 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 9:06 PM

You don't quit. We all know that.

~David~

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Oct 5 2016 9:10 PM

PaulTon:
    That's enough morbid stuff from me, I'll get back to normal now - playing mediocre virtual golf and scouring the forum looking for tin foil hatted numpties who need belittling.

Paul,

So sorry to read of your recent diagnosis, but from the quote above it sounds like you're retaining your sense of humor and that's a good thing. Stay positive.

Thank you for your continued effort putting together the Andyson Memorial Tournament in lieu of this recent news...that can't be easy. Hopefully all the work you're putting in toward the tournament will help keep you in a positive mood and keep your spirits high....you're doing a great thing and we thank you for it.

MC

RSS