Forums

Help › Forums

Moving from Pro to Master

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:19 AM (5 replies)
  • JoeTheBandit
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 4:14 PM

I've had a quick trawl of the forum but can't find the answer.

How do I move into the Master Tier, as the clubs available in the Pro Shop will give me a couple more shots per round (Those par 5's that are just 30 yards too long to make it in two with my Pro clubs).  What is the criteria to be elevated to the "Jedi Status"?  I'd hate to think my occasional mid 60's round is not worth it.....

Thanks in advance

• pauls
    1,146 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 4:40 PM

you will move up somewhere between 65-66 ave hope that helps

• JoeTheBandit
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 4:45 PM

Cheers.  A bit of work to do, but at least I know my target now.

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 5:00 PM

Careful what you wish for! Those par 5's are easier to reach at Pro status than at Master. Have you taken into acct. as Master, though you have access to a driver that is 25-30 yards longer-the hole may be 50 yds longer.

I've been a Master for 2 months-oo how I miss going for the par 5 with a 3 I and cutting the corner on BP # 9 and having a wedge to the pin. Think about it, put in all scores and when you make Master-be prepared to start over with the learning process.

Inthe meantime, if you add a rapture 3 wood to your equiptment- you'll be able to reach the par 5's in two-depending on the wind-of course you still have to make the putt. Good Luck

• JoeTheBandit
    3 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 5:08 PM

Fair enough, Lisa.  I've only been playing for a few days.  I'll get back to trying to shoot under par at Bethpage.....

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 10:19 AM

Lisa is so right, Joe.  Take a look around the forums for all the "Can I go back to Pro?" threads.

Many people have rushed to the Master rank only to find that it's too difficult and they are just not ready for the distances and whatnot.

The best way to play, imho, is to play all the courses and post (finish) all of your rounds.  When your game is ready for you to be a Master, you will be ready to be a Master.

Peace

RSS