Forums

Help › Forums

Reality vs Make Believe

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 30 2010 8:38 AM (21 replies)
  • cravis
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:20 PM

I have played some of these courses and some were never as hard as they are here.  Why does WGT give you clubs that don't have a chance to reach the greens in regulation or go beyond the fescue on some holes.  I would rather spend $100.00 to get frustrated playing golf for real than get constantly flabergasted by what these on-line courses make you deal with.  Never broken par on a course yet I am a Pro with a rating of 78.87?????  Don't get me started on Putting.  Even when playing golf for real a little luck happens from time to time, not here.  How many lip outs have you gotten, far to many to count I am sure.  Or when the wind is at your back and you hit a perfect shot and end up short in the rough or a trap - go figure.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:30 PM

cravis:
    I would rather spend $100.00 to get frustrated playing golf for real than get constantly flabergasted by what these on-line courses make you deal with.

You can really set yourself up nice here for the cost of a dozen RL balls. :-)

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:12 PM

Well i for one know in real life i can still hit a green when i'm in a fairway bunker here it doesn't happen very often and never at oakmont its getting to be a joke.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:55 PM

Chazzz7:

Well i for one know in real life i can still hit a green when i'm in a fairway bunker here it doesn't happen very often and never at oakmont its getting to be a joke.

Then you can pack up your things and go to TWO... There you can reach the green from any fairway bunker :-) you can even hit a 400 yard drive, now that will stop your complaining about not driving far enough. Have fun with your cartoon game; good luck in the tournaments too, I think last weeks 18 hole winner shot -22.  Have fun and so long

-King

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 2:46 PM

thinkingSomething sounds fishy, you are a real golfer?..Isn't patience and effort what gets you there in the long run?I'm a lil' sick of folk's slamming this game when they haven't even been here a month.I've been here since feb 28th, made master, and although you might be right when you say the game is difficult, isn't real golf?I find it hard still, -but quitting isn't an option to me.This is the best virtual golf game available(strictly my opinion) & it(as well as your game) will only be improved by trying, not by blaming the game, but the voice in your head saying..its too hard....I'm going to hope you see my point & know what I say is not to injure your feelings in any way, give it a chance..I'm still learning..this game you wish to degrade.You find it too hard for you,,say so, and folks will try to help you, if you only ask....best wishes to you, regardless.

cowboyBigArnL Eagle Club Golf Association                                                                    Owner, President & Advisor

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 3:10 PM

Hey i'm stating facts and more or less asking for an explanation.You ever see anyone hit the green from a bunker in real life sounds like you haven't. Why do certain people here constantly argue that there is nothing wrong with any part of any course when we do know otherwise.Maybe its a bug all i'm saying is there are certain shots in this game that if they were adddressed it would be perfect. Now i'm not here to argue just venting and if you can tell me you haven't noticed the bunker shots especially at Oakmont then you are not paying attention.

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Mon, Jun 28 2010 3:12 PM

And by the way i never said it was too hard i enjoy a challenge i stated the reality is you can hit a green from a bunker but not at Oakmont.

• KingOfTheCourse
    419 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:27 AM

And I mearly said if thats what you need in your favorite golf game TWO has that feature avaible for you.  How easy do you want this game? WGT is giving us players that will never misshit a shot more that 10 yards to the right or left, they need some way to get you to shoot higher and thats were sand and rough comes in.  If they make the sand and rough impossible to hit out of it keeps the mindset of having to hit the fairway, not just hit it as far as you can and anywhere is an easy birdie.  That sorta sounds like real golf, right?

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:57 AM

I agree with you and this game is the best i'm just saying the rough i understand but even in the toughest bunker in rl you can advance the ball more than 20 yds,at Oakmont you cannot do this so the question i am asking is this a bug cause i have played Oakmont and myself as a 7 hcp. advanced the ball way mor e than 20 yds.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:20 AM

Chazzz, I just hit the green from 194yds out with a 3 iron, out of a bunker with a good lie.  Thats the key, it depends on the lie.  That is a proper concern.  Some of the lie's that are generated are not possible.  Rolling ball into flat bunker will not bury.  I dont see it on most courses, mainly Oakmont during the qualifier.  but that is really like 1 of 2 game physics complaints I have (the other being the dreaded mulch).  not bad overall.

RSS