Forums

Help › Forums

Tiers VS Score Average

Tue, Jun 26 2018 5:29 PM (83 replies)
  • saaicon
    38 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 8:49 PM

I have been a tour master for around 2 months now and I think my average is now "saturated" at 62. It is not moving an inch up even if I beat TL or L.I have played about 125stroke games as a TM but there is no average movement from 62 even if I score -5 in a stroke play now.

1. How do I see my average in all these stroke games which I played as a TM?

2.Why is average not moving up from 62 even if I beat L and TL or I score-5 in stokes?

Thanks all for your help,

• craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:54 PM

saaicon,

I,m no expert but it looks like you are in the same boat as me . You need to score -6 or a score of 30 for 9 holes to make your score go lower . If you beat a tour legend or legend it will not alter your score but will be registered somewhere and one day you will log on and be a legend .

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 1:43 PM

saaicon:

I have been a tour master for around 2 months now and I think my average is now "saturated" at 62. It is not moving an inch up even if I beat TL or L.I have played about 125stroke games as a TM but there is no average movement from 62 even if I score -5 in a stroke play now.

1. How do I see my average in all these stroke games which I played as a TM?

2.Why is average not moving up from 62 even if I beat L and TL or I score-5 in stokes?

Your average is well saturated with 120 rounds (+ 11 on Par3/5 which do not count). The average calculated from the best 50 scores is about 68.6. Me thinks that some of your 39 match wins against Legends make the difference to 62, but I don't know this in detail of the current state.

With this mix of stroke and matches, it's difficult to elaborate the average or to talk about further development. AFAIK there should be a 6.6 offset from the 68.6 which I calculated in a traditional way. Thus, any score better than 36 / 72 should now drop the average, and a 31 / 62 (-5 at STA) should have a considerable impact.

• saaicon
    38 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 8:41 PM

Thanks Craigswan and Alloso for your quick reply. I will attempt the illusive - 6 .

Just one quick question: It is clear that Best of Par3/5 does not count. But does Best of Famous or Hardest count in improving the average?

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 10:51 PM

Consider this "rule":

All courses with Pars between 60 and 80 do count. We might even postulate (95+ % probability) the limits to be 65 and 75 *grins*

(straight and simple: only Par3 and Par5 are excluded)

Concerning your scores: Have a look if scores up to 35/70 will make a difference.

• saaicon
    38 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2014 11:01 PM

alosso:

Concerning your scores: Have a look if scores up to 35/70 will make a difference.

Thanks Alosso.Just did a 31 in SA F9. No change in scores. Did many similar -5 s earlier also but Alas ! The -6 just missed due to some bad putting in the last hole.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 3:10 AM

Yep - I've noted the 32s and 33s too - no change.

It may be that only better scores than 31 might move the average - very strange.

Thus your average doesn't behave according to my aged knowledge. I assume recent changes. Sorry, I can't help you any further.

(strangest guess: your average might be frozen...)

• Tyrones
    95 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:04 AM

I went from Master to Tour Master when I my average hit 62.8. One hour later, I played  my first round as a TM I shot a 36/9 holes, which sent my average up to 72.

The CC I'm in has 3-4 tourneys a week, 1-2 of them being MP rounds. Within 3 1/2 weeks I was moved up to Legend. I NEVER have shot a 6i round in my life.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:25 AM

saaicon:
    Thanks Alosso.Just did a 31 in SA F9. No change in scores. Did many similar -5 s earlier also but Alas ! The -6 just missed due to some bad putting in the last hole.

I was in the same boat as you a few weeks ago

a -5 at SA is a 31.  which is the same as the 62 average

You must shoot at least a -6 or 30 or less to move that average.

It will be a fun road.  Don't get discouraged when you shoot a 30 and the average drops to 61.87 or something like that.  It will take a bit.

• chuddlymccannon
    298 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:27 AM

Tyrones:

I went from Master to Tour Master when I my average hit 62.8. One hour later, I played  my first round as a TM I shot a 36/9 holes, which sent my average up to 72.

The CC I'm in has 3-4 tourneys a week, 1-2 of them being MP rounds. Within 3 1/2 weeks I was moved up to Legend. I NEVER have shot a 6i round in my life.

This is because of beating higher tiered players in MP

Don't know how it works exactly

It effects some people and not others

RSS