Forums

Help › Forums

Tiers VS Score Average

Tue, Jun 26 2018 5:29 PM (83 replies)
  • jdhiggins
    145 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:07 PM

Based on what I understand, if you have played 500 ranked rounds or more and your average is under 60, you should be a tour legend. I have played 567 ranked rounds with an average of 59.97 and I am still a Legend. Can someone explain?

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 9:16 PM

jdhiggins:

Based on what I understand, if you have played 500 ranked rounds or more and your average is under 60, you should be a tour legend. I have played 567 ranked rounds with an average of 59.97 and I am still a Legend. Can someone explain?

You need to play 500 ranked rounds as a Legend before you go up to Tour Legend (and have the average of 60 or lower), all the ranked rounds you played before you became Legend don't count.

Edit: and CTTH don't count. 

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:22 PM

Hi John;

neither do Par3s and Par5s (count).

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:27 PM

alosso:

Hi John;

neither do Par3s and Par5s (count).

Yeah Alosso, thanks for that, I did know I was just trying to be brief based on what I saw in his score history.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 10:34 PM

Never mind - just complementing.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2014 11:41 PM

I know the Par3 or Par5 courses don't count for your Average,  but aren't they still counted as Ranked Rounds?

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:09 AM

mantis0014:

I know the Par3 or Par5 courses don't count for your Average,  but aren't they still counted as Ranked Rounds?

Nope, I had this discussion in our CC and it was clarified by WGT, Best of par 3 and 5 count only towards your total ranked rounds in your stats but don't count as one of your 500 ranked rounds to legend OR as one of your best 500 after saturation.

If you think about it how could they? Your average is the average of your best 500 ranked rounds and if they don't count towards your average how then could they possibly count towards one of your ranked rounds.

To summarise if your play 450 non best of 3/5 and 50 best of 3 / 5 your total ranked rounds will be 500 but you WON'T be saturated as your average will be based on the 450 non 3/5s. So Best of 3 / 5 are just for fun, your using balls in the hope of increasing your holes in one and Eagles scored, (as they do count towards that).

• craigswan
    30,988 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 12:18 AM

Almost a legend but i now need to score 6 under for 9 holes to lower my average  which is difficult for me especially with my starter balls . So i have started to challenge legends who have just made that tier thinking they will be the weakest link to an alternative way of averaging 61 .

I played one in a stroke play but despite beating them my average remained the same . I now realise i need to play match play but how many legends do i have to win against to get my average down from 61.48 to 61.00 .

Incidently , since playing and watching these legends and seeing how far back their tee,s are i am having second thoughts about trying to move up as my scores will increase so much i will need new clubs and pay balls to ever shoot a 6 under again .

Decisions , Decisions .

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 1:43 AM

Chinajohn:
    If you think about it how could they? Your average is the average of your best 500 ranked rounds and if they don't count towards your average how then could they possibly count towards one of your ranked rounds

Yeah, I suppose if you look at it that way it's logical....   but then again, I think they should be counted in the big '500' as Ranked rounds. Still in 2 minds about that....lol

craigswan:
    Incidently , since playing and watching these legends and seeing how far back their tee,s are i am having second thoughts about trying to move up as my scores will increase so much i will need new clubs and pay balls to ever shoot a 6 under again

Maybe a good time to set up practice games off the Blacks.  Good Practice for ya.

I think the only club you might need is a Driver.   Further off the tee, the better,  Maybe the R11(s) driver. Your Irons should be still ok.....   Just the distance off the Tee.

The Blacks are not that bad .....   Good Luck

-Roger

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Thu, Feb 20 2014 2:34 AM

craigswan:

I played one in a stroke play but despite beating them my average remained the same . I now realise i need to play match play but how many legends do i have to win against to get my average down from 61.48 to 61.00 .

Incidently , since playing and watching these legends and seeing how far back their tee,s are i am having second thoughts about trying to move up as my scores will increase so much i will need new clubs and pay balls to ever shoot a 6 under again .

One match may be enough, having a 0.7 drop of my own in mind. Alas, only recently there was a report here ("average" IIRC) that someone had no average move after such win. You'll have to try ;)

OTOH, it's not all about the Starter ball. Your clubs are classy, only a 3WD is missing. If you overcame the downside until now, you'll be going on to have fun from the tips!

(or perhaps allow yourself some B-ES or Tour-SDs)

RSS