Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 2:56 AM

My light will be on in about 30 minutes from this post. Just send an invite if you want to play.

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 4:46 AM

I am also on right now and can play... just seeing that Stu and I are paired together  but am worried that I might not get time to play later with the Superbowl and all that--wondering what's my best option here as I would love to play with a marker and get this over with but I don't want to leave Stu stranded. 

I know I have been really horrible about planning for and getting these rounds in, it is just that I don't have many uninterrupted blocks of time in which to play these days. :( Apologies to all for that.

Just made my first-ever starter club par on #1! Crazy putt.

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=3c694247-0d66-43fd-b83f-a15a00d83f45

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:39 AM

mnshiner played as my marker. Very nice of you. Thank you :)

Its a damn hard course and some stupid mistakes cost me a few shots but all considered, im happy with what I did. Guess we both could and should have shot a few less but hey, its golf!

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 5:48 AM

Again it was a pleasure filling in today. Matildalgaly is a very good player who had some tough breaks go their way. On #15 I thought she was going to have a Hole-in-One with the ball just barely rolling by the pin. Me on the other hand needs to get a new starter putter. How can you miss two 1.9 inch putts in one round for bogeys. One on #9 and one on #17. And one more thing not making a excuse but some of the lies were not truthful at all. This with both players. My username should be Mr. Consistant 78 yesterday and 78 today. LoL Well here is my screenshots:
    Fairway
    zBKTZ.png
    Green
    VpZwv.png
    Scorecards
    Y3IO7.png
    O9pQr.png

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:50 AM

MatildaIgaly:
    mnshiner played as my marker. Very nice of you. Thank you :)

Thanks Steve for stepping in and helping Mati out (and to everyone else who offered).

And Mati, congrats on a very solid-looking round. I notice you've also managed to avoid the dreaded 3-putt for the 3rd round running, one of only 3 players, bhoese, CerinoDevoti and yourself to do that. Ben was suggesting there should be a prize for getting through all 4 rounds with no 3-putts, but we still need a sponsor. Any takers?

Phil (Phaxda): did you manage to communicate with Stu (Spino1)? Where are things at for you (I see you're showing busy now)?

Daboofness: Please post a time here in the thread when you could play today, and let's try and hook you up with a marker. Also, it looks like you'd have good overlap times with Stu if Phaxda is already playing with someone else.

In other pairing news, Tim (TeeWade) and Reese (brhthecarpenter) had an unfortunate disco into their Oly back9 last night, and are deciding whether to repeat or just do back9 only today.

And that's it... That accounts for all remaining pairings. If we can just sort out the Phil, Stu, Daboofness triangle, we'll be set for round 3. Thanks everyone! (Once I get scores later today/tonight, I'll draw up final round pairings asap, but as mentioned earlier: if you need to begin making plans, feel free to hook up with someone close to you on the leaderboard.)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Also, Steve (Shiner) has PM'd me another wonderful kind offer of an additional prize that gives everyone an extra something to shoot for in the final round at Royal St. George's: he's offered 2 sleeves of balls of player's choice to anyone who can make an Eagle at RSG. Very generous, Shiner! Thank you!

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 7:36 AM

mnshiner marked me we are almost done with my atrocious round. 

• SPINO1
    5,394 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 7:58 AM

Will have to pull out im afraid guys, i had a msg from phaxda earlier, i see he got the round in already , not much time left to play now .TY for the tourny gents. As an apology ill forfeit an mp against the worst scorer in round 4  for 222 credits.

Stu.

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:12 AM

This was the worst round--I really could have done better were it not for some bad holes. Many thanks to mnshiner for marking me, he had the only bird of the game, a beaut at 17. 

Just going to have to throw these up quick, let me know if anything is off. Totally ruined my distance to pin stats too. 

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:15 AM

Oh man, got your message and am so sorry I was worried this would happen. I can try my level best to mark for you later in the day... should be free in about 4 hours from now and before the big game. Last week I managed to get a marker right at the wire, don't give up hope! 

RSS