Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • iMikeAllStar
    262 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:47 AM

Alright, this one went really bad... screwed up on the par 5 with 3 impossible lies, making a 9... after that I just gave up.

Incredible what a bad/unlucky shot can do to your moral...

MBaggese, sorry for my bad golf, you played really well - apart from some missed putts, but who can putt with this putter?

My cards are in MBaggese post, no need to dupe, it's all fine... forgot the putt screen, sorry for that, but I just wanted to get the hell out of there lol

A special word to Corwyn for organizing this event. It's not easy and you did excelent. TYVM.

Mike

• seemorehair
    228 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:24 AM

joewaters:

I am ready to play now - GMT midnight here - if anyone cares to mark.

Thanks

Joe

Joe, you sent me a message and I sent you a message trying to arrange a time, did you not see it? Let me know when you are available and I will play.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:14 AM

MBaggese:
    Corwyn:
    Can anyone mark for me at that time tomorrow, Friday 2/8?

Yes:)  If we can get started by 0930...I have to leave at 11:50am

Aarrggh... I'm really sorry, MB. My younger son has woken up with heavy congestion and a nasty cough, and I need to keep him home from school. So, I can't play today after all.

I'm now in the situation where I myself have to ask the field for an 4th Round extension into Monday 2/11, and hope a marker might be available then.

[EDIT: my available time Monday, and all weekdays, is a tight window of 9:30am-12:15pm PST my time, which is 5:30pm-8:15pm GMT]

Apologies, everyone. Not the best timing...

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:04 AM

Thanks David! Hopefully all will be well by Monday. (And glad to hear you're over your bout of flu.)

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:22 AM

http://livestre.am/4kBmN

Jimbean346 = 73

Puholino = 76

Messy end to the tournament for both players. Jure was ill early in the week and I've not had a minute to spare on the site since the last round. Going into R4 in the dark wasn't ideal and the triple bogey I racked up on 3rd clearly showed I couldn't remember how to use these sticks. Some good putting got me out of some tricky positions and Jure faltered somewhat over the closing few holes.

Many thanks to Corwyn for running this very enjoyable tournament. Let me know who I'll owe balls to in due course ;)

James

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:59 AM

The starter putter was my undoing (miss ding method) like I knew it would be. Nonetheless, it was a great pleasure to participate in this event and I'll be happy to repeat it any time, perhaps something in MP mode in the future?

Big thanks to James for recording our 3 rounds and for being a great playing companion and to mnshiner for marking me on my 1st round, a great guy as well.

And to Corwyn and Cerino, awesome job by both for making this happen, you're true ambassadors of this game in the best possible sense.

Jure

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 12:03 PM

I have been trying to straighten mine out all week to no avail. When WGT bends something they really bend it. Hopefully by Saturday morning I'll have it back into the shape it is meant to be.

Can't wait to use my Rossa again.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 4:09 PM

Corwyn:

MBaggese:
    Corwyn:
    Can anyone mark for me at that time tomorrow, Friday 2/8?

Yes:)  If we can get started by 0930...I have to leave at 11:50am

Aarrggh... I'm really sorry, MB. My younger son has woken up with heavy congestion and a nasty cough, and I need to keep him home from school. So, I can't play today after all.

I'm now in the situation where I myself have to ask the field for an 4th Round extension into Monday 2/11, and hope a marker might be available then.

[EDIT: my available time Monday, and all weekdays, is a tight window of 9:30am-12:15pm PST my time, which is 5:30pm-8:15pm GMT]

Apologies, everyone. Not the best timing...

.I'll either mark for you or play my round with you on Monday if need be.

RSS