Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • joewaters
    258 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 8:01 PM

OK my time is now 4 am GMT, and Semorehair is on but red, so if not today, then tomorrow from around midnight onwards. That will be midnight Saturday effectively.

Joe

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:36 PM

FYI: I was sent the cards and shots from FairwayRuepel68 and Camotto's final round earlier today. Here they are: 

FairwayRuepel68: 77
    Camotto: 79

That means we now have 8 out of 26 players who have completed their 4th rounds.

Remaining players to post are:

Hanswurst72  [with marker: ?]
    Corwyn   [with marker: Mon 2/11 5:30pm GMT]

unclenewy  &  CerinoDevoti  

MizzyMan  &  bhoese   

MatildaIgaly  &  ColumbusStorm   

joewaters  &  seemorehair  [hopefully Sat @ midnight GMT]

alosso  &  johehejo   

Wassernixe  &  woodoworkery  

mnshiner (Steve/Shiner) &  Daboofness  [Saturday morning 7:00am  EST]

hyena64 (David)  &   Phaxda (Phil) [Saturday]

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 1:57 AM

Today, the Uneven Lies caught and struck me:

alosso: 83

johehejo: 72

We started out fine and Jörg took it to the end, even Par out and +2 back in.

I was hit by a hammer (thrice) from 8 on, 4-putting from the very front of the green - double. 9 saw me behind the green, flopping into the rough next to the flag and 3-putting after a short pitch - triple! On 10, I went into the first green bunker, red lie in 40-50% forced an emergency out + 3 putts from 27 yds (yes, yards!) - double :(

I was lucky to save bogey on 12 from another yellow bunker lie while Jörg cheered about his second birdie, dancing around the hole :)

14+15 played long against the wind as did 17, which we both parred in two strokes from the back of the green.

"Glorious" finish for me, finding the sink left of the 18th green with the third, another double for +13.

Jörg held his game together, only some close misses withheld him from his target "Par" score.

Time for a big "Thank You!" to you, Corwyn and Cerino, for the marvellous organisation of the event - more of a challenge than before due to the bigger no. of players. I really admire how you cared for virtually everything, Corwyn!

We'll be back for the next Uneven event!

*bows and takes hat off*

Paul

P.S. I submitted my results twice because I may have missed a number the first time.

Stats:

My course pics:

johehejo's course pics:

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:47 AM

Hey everybody!

First of all, I want to express my thankfulness for all those of you who went all 4 rounds this time. I think this tournament idea deserves as many finishers as possible! I know it has been a struggle for some, but that's what it is all about and what shows you, how great this game could be with "normal clubs".

Sadly, Corwyn and I both had some very tight availabilities, so we probably wont be able to play the final round together. I would be very happy to get a marker tomorrow, 7am GMT as that would suit me the best. Is anyone available then? Otherwise I would try to get my round in with Corwyn during the evenings next week.

Cheers, Hans

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:55 AM

I may need a marker also, It is 6:45 am right now and my part. just PM me and said he was waiting at 8:00 am his time . I have to get some work done, been playing and not working for way to long.......LOL 

I thought Sunday was the last day of the tournament? am I wrong

Thanks 

Gary ( woodo )

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 5:56 AM

Grr, I overslept. david, i am here for our round if you come back...so sorry.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:22 AM

Hans,

would be a pleasure for me to see some good shooting again :)

I'm usually up at 7 GMT = 8 local (CET). I can send you a PM later this evening to confirm.

• Daboofness
    438 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 6:35 AM

Round 4 with mnshiner...not too bad!  A few frustrating holes due to putts not dropping, instead "floating" near cup...THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TOURNEY!!  Really helped appreciate the fine clubs I have purchased to play this game!!

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:13 AM

Just let me begin by saying I have really enjoyed playing in this tournament and meeting all the nice folks that are here at WGT. It was a very well put together event that was well organized and very thought out. And most of all time consuming on Corwyns part. My "Thanks" go out to all of who let me play in this event especially Corwyn & Cerino for putting it together. I hope if time permits that we can have another one of these in the near future. Yes it was frustrating at times but also a lot of fun making my brain have to think about what I was going to do next instead of just getting to the ball and hitting hit towards the cup. So if you ever decide to have one of these again I will be more than willing to help out in any way posssible to take some of the strain of Corwyn & Cerino. I also have a special "Thanks" to give out but I'll send a PM instead of posting it here.

I had set three goals before starting this round. The first and most important one was not to get frustrated, the second one was to shoot lower than a 75 and the third one was no 3 putts.

Another brutal day is over "Thank the Lord". Again it was a pleasure playing a round with Daboofness who put up some great shots. As you can see by my stats I am 0 for 3 in reaching the goals that I set for myself all due to one hole. I started out the front nine pretty well:
    Hole # 3 missed 5 footer for birdie
    Hole # 4 made 11 footer for birdie ( go Figure )
    Hole # 5 flop shot inches short
    Hole # 7 missed 9 footer for birdie
    Hole # 8 flop shot, ball gets caught between flagstick and the cup
    Hole # 9 Here is where it all starts
    Hole #10 par putt stops dead 3 ft. away, bogey
    Hole #11 Total disaster hits and this is where my frustration kicks in
    After that hole I quit keeping track because there was no use. When you hit a shot with 2 yards less power than what it calls for and it goes 20 yards further just in the air, there is no hope.

And here is the rest of the story:
    Game Conditions
    de6R7.png
    Fairway
    CfQY9.png

I had one of Daboofness but I think I lost it somehow.
    Green
    lCjio.png

4ZmTz.png
    Stats
    kDWQK.png

GRMFB.png

iKwGV.png

vwo9S.png

pd8Pn.png

NrOw1.png

My submission form is turned in. Starter clubs and putter are going in the attic where they belong until next time and now I am off to visit my kinfolk and have me some of the recipe.
    2XU57.gif 2W7i.gifThe End!!!!!!

RSS