Help › Forums

Aiming- Do you aim for a perfect shot?

Tue, Jun 22 2010 12:30 PM (31 replies)
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 9:33 PM

CommanderIan:

Really?

The mark is that white line that you try to hit when hitting any shot.  So clicking on either side of the mark means clicking the mouse when the shot meter is on one side or the other of the mark.

Thanks for that. I'm sure most of us were completely unaware of that. Thank you so very much for enlightening us. Really!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 9:49 PM

smason77:
    i'm playing virtual golf and drinking high powered beer. lol.

Have you tried Sierra Nevada "Torpedo"? At 7.2%, it will make your sticker peck out...as my Father would say...

• TextMyPC
    232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 9:59 PM

Hello,

Always hit the ding line and adjust the arrow. It's the only consistent way.

-Text

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 10:05 PM

SweetiePie:

smason77:
    i'm playing virtual golf and drinking high powered beer. lol.

Have you tried Sierra Nevada "Torpedo"? At 7.2%, it will make your sticker peck out...as my Father would say...

I usually drink Bell's expedition stout or third coast. lol. 10.0/10,2

I drink a lot of them too. I'm a fish. lol.

Yeah .. i've been accused of being a drunk. No. I don't deny it.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 10:08 PM

In our game, it seems that the ability to use a combination of aiming, along with the skill to hit a bit early, on the money, or a bit late, on purpose, will reap the best rewards. It is about options.  

• trumpy959
    99 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 12:09 AM

I agree with SP regarding utilizing all of your options and would also suggest trying different things until you find what works for you. For me putting is how much i need to aim right or left and then going for the DING, of coarse speed is always a factor. On a putt with a nasty break I do the same thing but intentionally miss the DING a pixel or two or more, working the ball against the break to help hold the line if i feel the need. Sometimes this works and sometimes it does'nt...

best of luck 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:08 AM

swillpuppy:
    Leave Center? what the hell does that mean click on opposite side of mark, what are you talking about? Nobody with a brain-stem could understand that crap!

Pretty simple, swill. He means by intentionally missing on the side of the mark opposite the break. If the putt is going left to right he misses on the up side, or right. Putt breaks right-he misses left. 

@vtaz-Yes, I do this quite often. You need to know your putter and the greens, obviously, but it does work quite well. I wouldn't recommend this method unless you're really comfortable with your putting abilities because how much you miss by is more of a "feel" thing than anything. Green speeds are critical doing this.

You will always have more success dinging the putt but you can also enjoy a lot of stress-free tap ins by doing it this way. JMO-it works for me.

This thread takes it a little deeper.........http://wgt.com/forums/t/7878.aspx?PageIndex=1

• kotez
    53 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:29 AM

YankeeJim:
    how much you miss by is more of a "feel" thing than anything. Green speeds are critical doing this.

majority of the time when i am playing, i think about what side id rather miss ect, and try to put your focus to going excellent or as little to the side you think is most safest to missmuch the same for what your thinking about your distances

• vtaz
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 5:41 AM

Thanks all, I will start practicing this method, as I've already seen its benefits in some situations. 

I didn't mean to leave some of the forum heavy hitters out, but to all that responded, thanks!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 11 2010 6:13 AM

One thing that is absolutely, positively crucial vtaz-If you miss on the downhill side of the break you will always miss the putt. You might get away with it occasionally when up close but from any other distance that putt will never drop if you miss on the "wrong" side. GL

RSS