Forums

Help › Forums

something brought up by me b4

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 2 2010 11:24 PM (22 replies)
  • BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 11:35 AM

I want to re-interate the importance a driving range could have here in this game.Not only to practice time and again, but to maintain a way to try new clubs, which has a factor of benefit as well to wgt... the work I did really meant nothing, once I made it to Master, the difference in club speed alone is enough to warrant practice...timing alone is different for everyone.Those who suffer from medical problems can attest to that...myself being one.I see value in it as well,purchases of reasonable pricing such as bucket sizes could range from 25 credits to 100 or so,practice greens and driving range could be a big plus for this game.I hope you can see what so many of us ask for..afterall its part of real virtual golf.Thanks for reading this..BigArnL

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 12:03 PM

It's on the Player Suggestion List BigArnL, I'm sure WGT is hard at work to find some kind of solution.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 5:57 PM

BigArnL, we have been asking for this since the very beginning.  There are hundreds (if not thousands) who totally agree with everything you have written above, my friend.

But, and here's the rub, if WGT gives me a choice between a new course or a driving range/putting green, I'm headed to the course.

Peace.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 6:25 PM

Hard not to comment on this one:)

Never have I ever seen a golf course in real life that does not have both a practice putting green and a driving range.

How do the pro's perfect their game/swing/putting?

If WGT gives ME a choice between a new course and a driving range/putting green,

I'm heading out for the practice:)  

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 7:09 PM

There are methods for practicing putts, pitch and iron shots. It's a crude way of practice, but works nonetheless. But, what if we all (a majority) agree that the next big update (after Oakmont) that comes along, instead of a new course, we ask for a putt. chip, and driving range, tailored to the members specifications?

Who's with me?  : )

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Sat, May 29 2010 7:46 PM

+1

• FlyTyer
    19 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 4:30 PM

+2....:):):)

• Greenkeepa
    55 Posts
    Sun, May 30 2010 5:28 PM

+3

• BigArnL
    851 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 4:45 PM

4+No doubt, I'm in like flyn..BigArnL

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Mon, May 31 2010 9:28 PM

Richard4168:

There are methods for practicing putts, pitch and iron shots. It's a crude way of practice, but works nonetheless. But, what if we all (a majority) agree that the next big update (after Oakmont) that comes along, instead of a new course, we ask for a putt. chip, and driving range, tailored to the members specifications?

Who's with me?  : )

Sorry Richard, I promise you that I'll ask for a new course every single time. I practice by playing, not hitting balls on a virtual range.

RSS