Forums

Help › Forums

What is the best format of play to earn XP?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 5 2015 8:27 AM (35 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 7:39 PM

Hi, I was wondering what the best format to play is in relation to time in order to earn XP? I've already got the 15 day 40% XP boost, and am trying to get to level 83 for some decent irons, but this works out as 42 more rounds of ranked 18 holes single play.

Is there a better format than the 400 XP for an 18 hole ranked round? I just tried Alternate Shot but the 4th player would never show so I couldn't gauge that format :-( Presumably this would take twice as long as a single play, so would have to be at least 800 XP to be worth it.

Thanks in advance...

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:32 PM

If you set up a cc tourney, you can pick holes / conditions & get tourney points..Andy

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:47 PM

You can get good clubs right now.  G20 Driver and 3W, L79 Burner Irons, L70s Clevelands.  The swing meter on the Burners is fast, but since you made Legend in a month (!) you should be able to adapt.  The Burners are better than the G20s if you can hit the ding.  

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 9:59 PM

I need slow meters, believe me!!

So are there any better formats than single 18 hole stroke play?

Thx

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:09 PM

How did you skip from Master to Legend?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:27 PM

Magic!!

Alternatively I whizzed straight through Tour Master level without playing any tournaments at that level. I carried on playing the Monthly tournaments that I had entered at Pro level instead to make getting to Legend easier. Now I can enjoy the back tees and the unlocked clobber in the pro shop.

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Sat, Oct 13 2012 11:50 PM

courteneyfish:

How did you skip from Master to Legend?

He didn't really, he played the sept. 9 hole monthly many many times, he tiered up to tour pro, master, tour master and legend from repeated playing of that monthly at pro tier conditions, so he is not really legend worthy but is there anyway.

Looking at his profile, he played that monthly so many times he went from tour master to legend in 3 days. Again 3 days of a pro level tournament to move to legend??!!.. hence my saying not really legend worthy.

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 12:26 AM

Cavan can you explain this please i dont really get what your saying, does that actually work....

how did he not have to go through the tiers??

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 5:14 AM

andrewmca:

Cavan can you explain this please i dont really get what your saying, does that actually work....

how did he not have to go through the tiers??

Once you enter a tournament, you play at the tier you entered until it is over.

This is why you see masters winning tour pro events etc.

He did go through the tiers but in his score history is shows the tournament tier, not his actual tier.

As for fmagnets question. 18 hole tournaments is the fastest way to earn max XP.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Oct 14 2012 3:11 PM

Soulcatcher:

As for fmagnets question. 18 hole tournaments is the fastest way to earn max XP.

What you say! It is the most reliable way, independent of other players and without waiting for their shots. The risk of disconnects isn't worth the long playing time.

I'd add the CDP bonus but he will play not only every day but every hour from what I read.

RSS