Forums

Help › Forums

L90+ yet Master Tiers

Wed, Oct 17 2012 10:15 AM (26 replies)
  • Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Sat, Oct 6 2012 3:01 PM

If only I knew that tees move about 45 yds farther back and the greens become tournament speed when one turns Legend, I would've done everything to stay back on Master’s or Tour Master’s Tier, and prevent at all costs being promoted to Legend (ha - ha ... not really)

To have access to drivers that provide 380+ yards range for 400- yards distance tees on par 4 holes, top quality irons, wedges and balls, it just sounds great, but let’s be honest; one would be simply fooling oneself with such disproportional advantage.  Now, it’s all about freedom of choice given by WGT settings and rules, but still this advantage does not represent a realistic situation picture for two obvious reasons :

1. Too much distance power, unfair to other Masters (L50 - 60) that still don’t have access for such gear.

2. Knowledge and experience acquired by any L90+ player, with the commodity of not being stressed by more realistic tier difficulties.

Well, this is not a complaint nor an attack on anyone who likes to play like that.  I am ok with them, really.  This is just a game to be played I know, and I'm just saying so.

Respect to everyone !

AJ - Quijotazo

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 12:10 PM

I received this reply on my wall, instead of publishing it as a thread on this post-cascade as it should be, so here I paste a full and untouched copy of it, just to be straight and fair with this respectable player and since I originated this post I want to reply him also very respectfully here, where it has to be, for healthy discussion only :

- quoting the message sent to my personal wall -

lee22sharon:

lee22sharon - 15 Oct 2012 - 1:57 pm

I read your forum post concerning "sandbaggers", you make referance to a lvl90 Master?  In so many words you label that person as a member of the sandbagging community.  I take strong exception to that.  I am presently a level 93 Tour Master and until 54 games ago I was a level 93 Master.  You got a problem with that?  I didn't think so!  Before anyone of any sensibility whatsoever makes such a strong generalization such as that, you must do due diligence of the facts.  I have been here since 12/09, have been a daily player for the last 18 months.  I persevere to gain tiers even though I am not an 18hole wonder.  I would believe that there are many others such as I.  I think it behoves you to make a retraction in the forums to correct your oversight in this matter.  Should you fail in this I will take you and anyone else concerning this matter to severe task as I have done repeatedly in the past.  The action is on you.  MY NICKLE!

Hello Lee.  I am not sure if you are reacting this defensively upon my real words expressed on this post, or you are focusing your personal need to defend yourself and your community (named by you with a word that I have never used) only in me, even when my post simply talks about it in a non attacking way that you must have noticed if read more carefully.

The only facts that I know for sure about it is that I am always, and will always be, open to play strokes and matches with any tiers. That opened disposition brought me to this game; and while playing with this person, L 96 Master, without me saying a word on that, he was apologizing all the time because of his 40 to 60 yds advantage on most tees, having about a year more of experience in WGT, which I simply accepted as "a game", nothing more.  He won the game by two strokes.  I celebrated his victory and that was it.  He and only he was the one talking about it.  I didn't want to tell this side of the story because I didn't want to frame him.  But since that happened long enough I can mention it briefly with nothing else to add.

I can not retract from what I wrote since I did not offend, named or framed anyone.  I have never attacked any of your fellow members of your community.  My post should appear way more conciliating than other opinions I have read through other posts, way more direct, attacking and denouncing.  Besides, I understand that WGT is going to perform some changes of the way people advance on tier, not only based on the actual criteria but to a more fair realm.

What WGT says (not me)

I hope I didn't fail on answering you and I don't see any need on taking these kinds of things in a personal way as you are saying you would.

I certainly don't know you sir.  I am writing with all my respect to you and to any who are in the same condition of misplaced tier with much higher capabilities, knowledge and gear.

Please, let's continue this discussion here, because this topic is of the interest of your community members and everyone on WGT as well.

Thank you very much and blessings my friend ;)

• Choppography
    2,166 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 1:37 PM

Over/under at hearing back from this player............set at "never."  Taking all wagers over at window #3.

If you read his/her wall, this isn't the first time this player has gone off their rocker.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:05 PM

Quijotazo:

I received this reply on my wall, instead of publishing it as a thread on this post-cascade as it should be, so here I paste a full and untouched copy of it, just to be straight and fair with this respectable player and since I originated this post I want to reply him also very respectfully here, where it has to be, for healthy discussion only :

- quoting the message sent to my personal wall -

lee22sharon:

lee22sharon - 15 Oct 2012 - 1:57 pm

I read your forum post concerning "sandbaggers", you make referance to a lvl90 Master?  In so many words you label that person as a member of the sandbagging community.  I take strong exception to that.  I am presently a level 93 Tour Master and until 54 games ago I was a level 93 Master.  You got a problem with that?  I didn't think so!  Before anyone of any sensibility whatsoever makes such a strong generalization such as that, you must do due diligence of the facts.  I have been here since 12/09, have been a daily player for the last 18 months.  I persevere to gain tiers even though I am not an 18hole wonder.  I would believe that there are many others such as I.  I think it behoves you to make a retraction in the forums to correct your oversight in this matter.  Should you fail in this I will take you and anyone else concerning this matter to severe task as I have done repeatedly in the past.  The action is on you.  MY NICKLE!

Hello Lee.  I am not sure if you are reacting this defensively upon my real words expressed on this post, or you are focusing your personal need to defend yourself and your community (named by you with a word that I have never used) only in me, even when my post simply talks about it in a non attacking way that you must have noticed if read more carefully.

The only facts that I know for sure about it is that I am always, and will always be, open to play strokes and matches with any tiers. That opened disposition brought me to this game; and while playing with this person, L 96 Master, without me saying a word on that, he was apologizing all the time because of his 40 to 60 yds advantage on most tees, having about a year more of experience in WGT, which I simply accepted as "a game", nothing more.  He won the game by two strokes.  I celebrated his victory and that was it.  He and only he was the one talking about it.  I didn't want to tell this side of the story because I didn't want to frame him.  But since that happened long enough I can mention it briefly with nothing else to add.

I can not retract from what I wrote since I did not offend, named or framed anyone.  I have never attacked any of your fellow members of your community.  My post should appear way more conciliating than other opinions I have read through other posts, way more direct, attacking and denouncing.  Besides, I understand that WGT is going to perform some changes of the way people advance on tier, not only based on the actual criteria but to a more fair realm.

What WGT says (not me)

I hope I didn't fail on answering you and I don't see any need on taking these kinds of things in a personal way as you are saying you would.

I certainly don't know you sir.  I am writing with all my respect to you and to any who are in the same condition of misplaced tier with much higher capabilities, knowledge and gear.

Please, let's continue this discussion here, because this topic is of the interest of your community members and everyone on WGT as well.

Thank you very much and blessings my friend ;)

In response:

I did indeed act in defense of my position, as these types of attacks against persons who play here without outstanding ability, but do continue to acheive a moderate amount of sucess have been unfortunately been grouped with others who do sandbag. 

Upon reflection and re-reading the orginal post I still think you made unthoughtful remarks that indeed would put me and other players in my circumstance into a community of players who scam others to and for undue advantage.  Whether by credits, prizes or ego.

I did not feel that to persue this on the forums would be productive in causeing you to see my viewpoint, as you are to removed from my position.  It seems as I was correct, If you read the entry following yours. 

You have failed to make appropriate amends, as is your choice.  I choose not to relent on my posting on your wall.  It was and still remains an item of you makeing an inappropriate generalization that I do disagree with.  My Nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:20 PM

Choppography:

Over/under at hearing back from this player............set at "never."  Taking all wagers over at window #3.

If you read his/her wall, this isn't the first time this player has gone off their rocker.

Hmm, Wrong twce.  If you had taken the time to do due diligence and knew what was involved, and the subject matter of the posts have made on others walls perhaps you would have gained enough information to not make a public accuseation (much the same as quijotazo did) by generalizing and lumping persons into groups.

my nickle

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:45 PM

lee22sharon:

these types of attacks against persons who play here without outstanding ability, but do continue to achieve a moderate amount of success have been unfortunately been grouped with others who do sandbag 

Upon reflection and re-reading the original post I still think you made unthoughtful remarks that indeed would put me and other players in my circumstance into a community of players who scam others to and for undue advantage.  Whether by credits, prizes or ego.

You have failed to make appropriate amends, as is your choice.  I choose not to relent on my posting on your wall.  It was and still remains an item of you making an inappropriate generalization that I do disagree with.  My Nickle.

Lee.  I think that I can understand you a lot better now, specially when players attack other players on their walls and forum posts, without knowing true facts, intentions and events.  I was once accused of quitting a game, which I didn't do, and I know what is to be judged, accused and directly insulted while being innocent of an interrupted game due to an undesired technical disconnection.

In my country (Costa Rica, C.A.) we say : "El que nada debe, nada teme" - "He who doesn't owe anything, doesn't fear anything either".  I think that this say should apply to you my friend.  If you are for real and true to your words and good intentions at your tier-gear-level-and-knowledge present state, and you really feel that you are acting/playing fairly, then none of the attacks (which I sustain I still don't find any attacks on my initial words) against players who seem to have acted with malice on this, shouldn't affect you then.  Still it's very reasonable that you feel compelled to clarify and defend those honest cases of tier-be-hinders due to authentic disadvantages that some players might have (very respectfully said - excuse my English if not).

Having that said, I hereby state that I don't know the intentions of players that stay on a lower tier despite their high level, experience and advanced gear.  Indeed we must be careful when we discuss these topics (as I am always - and did on this post) and since WGT is going to straighten some lines on this too, we should then keep our eyes and hearts open for good an healthy discussions, not fearing when we are truly innocent, always keeping a respectful tone showing our higher manners and ability to confront an opinion but not a person, since at the end we all want to play with someone else and have a good time, share a nice game, fellowship and good humor right ?

One more little thing to be looked at and finally fixed by WGT in order to easy community disagreements ;)

Thank you again sir.  All my respect to you.  Cheers.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 3:52 PM

lee22sharon:
    my nickle

If you're going to comment on something written in the Forum, then do so on the Forum ?........Andy

• Quijotazo
    648 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:01 PM

lee22sharon:

to not make a public accusation (much the same as quijotazo did) by generalizing and lumping persons into groups

my nickle

Lee, you are playing very tough from your first post on my personal wall.  I am being as conciliatory and positive responsive as one can be.  Your opinions will sum up unavoidably.  Make sure that when you count all your nickles, the result brings you peaceful certainty and not self-misguidance.

And for Christ's sake, let's not forget that we are only talking about a game where good vibes and fellowship are our only true earnings here.  We better play some WGT ok ?  I bet you my "chimichangas" in a 9 hole match ;) ... lol

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:17 PM

alcaucin:

lee22sharon:
    my nickle

If you're going to comment on something written in the Forum, then do so on the Forum ?........Andy

I made my reply where I thought it would be received in good faith, without putting up with a bunch of unnecessary comments.  my nickle where it counts.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Tue, Oct 16 2012 4:21 PM

quijitazo:  Since I have been told that to reply to a forum, I MUST do so in the forum, (what happened to freedom of choice?  Oh, yes I forgot Spain does not have any).

In response to your latest entry on the forum you are more correct in what you say than I am on this subject.  Enough said.  my nickle.

RSS