Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open

Mon, Nov 12 2012 1:35 PM (333 replies)
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 1:51 PM

I signed in, looking forward to new friends and some "back to the roots" games.

Please add daylight saving to my time zone entry - we're currently at +2 UTC.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 2:54 PM

Hi,

I signed up ,but I am not seeing my name on the play list.

Has it been up dated lately?

Gary

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 4:02 PM

Woodoworkery:

Hi,

I signed up ,but I am not seeing my name on the play list.

Has it been up dated lately?

Gary

Hi Gary, 

List now updated. I'm just waiting on getting everyone's time availability to set playing partners for the latest 6 entrants (or for any more that join tonight/tomorrow).

Thanks, Corwyn

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Sep 29 2012 6:15 PM

I'm really excited to see the up tick in interest in this Tourney. :-)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:17 AM

From the 9/28 Chat Transcript: the part on Uneven Lies

WGTicon:

<MisterWGT> Alosso has asked (along with many of you) -- "Can you describe the progress of work on Uneven Lies?"

<MisterWGT> Yes... great topic & question.

<MisterWGT> First... thank you all for giving us all your feedback over these past few weeks

<MisterWGT> Our strategy was to release uneven in a way that was optional -- knowing we would improve, polish and - hopefully - perfect it over a few releases

<MisterWGT> So we've taken a slew of the feedback thus far and implemented several changes for the coming release (with a few more released in the future)

<MisterWGT> A few specifics... we have decreased the amount of power lost when hitting from a side-hill lie (both fairways & rough)

<MisterWGT> We have fixed the sand trap and chipping/pitching bugs associated with uneven lies.

<MisterWGT> And in this area... please give us feedback with the next release.

<MisterWGT> We feel it's certainly more realistic in the coming build.

<MisterWGT> Additionally, we are improving the ball flight path when dealing with a side-hill lie (i.e. there will be more curve in the flight)

<MisterWGT> Uneven lies will remain PRACTICE ONLY in the coming build... so we can further test and get your feedback before we begin any ranked/tourney play with uneven lies

<MisterWGT> but to be clear... the goal is to get uneven lies to that point of realism so players will have that added challenge in coming events & tourneys

Here's the part of Friday's chat that relates to Uneven Lies. It looks as if there'll be some changes to the physics soon... i.e. during this current tourney.

It would be tough on anyone to find themselves playing right after the new build comes into effect without any time to practice...

... so, can anyone share information on what date the new build will take place? Has that been announced anywhere?

[Also, hope you're all getting your 1st rounds scheduled!]

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 5:49 AM

WGTPizza named an update in October without giving further specifics. This will be announced and recognized, and then a certain practice time may be fit in the schedule if necessary.

My Pfennig.

• MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 11:26 AM

To the organisers

You probably recall that I started a Starter Club & Balls tournament a while back but had to cancel it half way through because there was no way I could run it efficiently with my posts being on moderation.

I feel really bad that I had let a lot of people down, so to compensate I would like to donate anything from the pro shop up to the amount of 1500cr for whatever prize you wish for this tournament.  Please write a message on my wall when you want me to send the gifts.  I don't play much any more, nor do I read the forums, but I do log on, so the best way is to write on my wall.

Good luck with it, I hope it goes well for you.

Mio

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Sep 30 2012 4:24 PM

Thank you Mio, for your kind words, and for your fantastically generous offer!

Your summer competition was the inspiration for this tourney, and served to remind a number of top players of the fun of starter clubs. And, even though I lost in the first round, I won by making a new friend of my opponent. So you see, there are unexpected benefits from the effort involved in setting up these community-run tourneys. Thank you!

Warmly,
    Corwyn

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:21 AM

Very nice Mio thanks.

I am +2 through 5 X random practice 3 holes, so it's gonna be tough.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Oct 1 2012 7:48 AM

Corwyn:
    There will also be special prizes (tba) for most Greens in Regulation, and Closest Distance to the Pin, so do include that data when you post scores on the form for each round)
    Is there any means to find out the closest to the pin (which I don't see in the game stats), or was this only a general indication of additional prizes?

RSS