Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 9:19 PM

chrisironsbones:

Woodoworkery:
    Yeah right 600 credits for a sleeve of balls LMAO come on guys don't you think this is getting out of hand?  I have a solution to stop this madness but, strength lies in numbers, and will not work unless we stick together .  

The majority of players who will buy these balls for $6 have thousands of "earned" credits so the extra $1.50 wont really bother them especially if they want a super slow meter.

I will definitely pay the $6 if it means a GUARANTEED DING every shot.

Whatever WGT introduces new, there's always "moans" about it.  WELL DONE WGT KEEP THE NEW CHOICE'S IN EQUIPMENT COMING

Yeah, for the people that have saved credits, but with new change to the free earn credits page recently that can't happen with me. I barely got even the clubs I got now. So this does not apply to me at all since that is just way too high for someone like me with limited income. Just can't fork over 6 dollars every few days to a week depending on lost balls and play.

So wgt just says who cares and screw you, actually to me, and other limited income people. Thanks, but I am not able to afford it, it does nothing for me. Might as well make this a paid site. Would not be much different than paying for credits anyways.

I should say "ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END!!!".

As far as that apology, I don't think taking over the company that does the videos over your site community is the best way to keep people on this site.

Must be a way of saying you don't want poor people on your site.

Enjoy your fun with the money you got people to pay for this stuff. I am done with upgrading for right now, and will not know when I will in future. If I run out of balls that I have that slow meter down mean I stop playing on this site, because meter is just way too fast to play. If I can't upgrade anymore, then this is pointless anymore.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 11:15 PM

I've been keeping track of the good post and bad post lately about this game. Not sure if wgt has been paying attention but most of the customers i seen happy a year ago are not happy with the performance and direction this game has gone. A few i know are counting down there last days including me. My end will be next month i may return if anything changes but mostly all i see is higher prices,more deviations and more issue to come so doubt there will be any need to return.  Oh don't forget to stay classy and clear your cache lmao

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:03 AM

WGTadmin2:

Let me see what we can do, good idea

And that's usually the last of it. Well-intentioned customer support reps get told to get back in there and smooth things over, but that's typically as far as it goes. Same gouge, with a little bitty cherry on top to placate. Such a beautiful game and concept; such a pity the decision-makers at WGT are doing their best to emulate the most loathsome, despicable money grubbers and outright thieves on the Internet. "Here ya go, kid. First one's free." Same character; same game.

The MAX ball should have a 3-4 dot rating for Durability if it's really to be worth 600 credits. Nothing but a rip-off with sugar coating if otherwise.

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:36 AM

Rather believe in the innocence of a whore than this crap.

One importend progression  off word :

That meen ................you have too hit the Ding.

Otherway you loose .........:-))

• FamousBeef
    271 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 1:51 AM

deleted

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 4:22 AM

Games4Ever71:
    So wgt just says who cares and screw you, actually to me, and other limited income people. Thanks, but I am not able to afford it, it does nothing for me. Might as well make this a paid site. Would not be much different than paying for credits anyways

I would say that WGT is both a free and a paid site.  I joined earlier this year and soon realised that whilst I could play for free I would need to deposit cash to enjoy the game to its full.  

This needn't be a problem.  If you want a decent game experience for nothing, why not set up a CCC that has rules regarding equipment; members can then play each other on a level playing field without having to splash the cash!

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 6:58 AM

Games- You're looking at this game with an entitlement attitude.

WGT provides a game to be played. It offers improved equipment for a price. You can, however, play this game forever without ever amassing a single credit. They give you free clubs, free golf balls, free courses, free competitions and other free game opportunities. They even provide, as difficult and slow as it may be, a way for you to gain credits to get upgraded equipment without ever spending a dime out of pocket. They do require you invest time and effort to get those credits. 

When I walk into a retail store like a Kohl's to buy a watch I am limited in options due to price and my limited income. I'm looking at the low end of the Timex, Casio or Armitron watches. The fancier watches out of their product lines with GPS, weather stations, compasses, multi-lap counters, etc. are usually out of my range. I don't even consider the Citizen and Bulova watches. They're for a different income group. My income group is not who they are targeting with the fancier product and they have no obligation to do so.

But, I can get a watch. Just like I can play this game.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 7:36 AM

Bump ^^^^^^^^ poor people go away LOL.

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:34 AM

srellim234:

Games- You're looking at this game with an entitlement attitude.

[snip]

But, I can get a watch. Just like I can play this game.

Interesting analogy, but pretty much about apples/oranges. The WGT "game" involves competition against other players, either for credits or just for the fun of it. Where your watches analogy breaks down is that the "game" of watches is to tell time. Anyone who buys a Rolex just for the bling of it is playing a different game. And only a hermit would opt to duff around solo and never accept or offer a competitive challenge.

It's hardly "entitlement" mentality to expect there to be provisions in a public video golf game to at least in some ways approximate "real" golf. Here at WGT, there are no "Po Boy Cinderella story" chances. Enter a heads-up game against the proverbial 'little rich kid' with half your talent, experience and golf (read mathematical) savvy at WGT and you're not at all up against another person as much as you are pitting the equipment you can afford against his/hers. Anyone who believes it's all about hand-eye coordination just doesn't get the business model here at WGT.

And let's spare the "gracious accommodation" sentiments for WGT for providing a free game... if you wouldn't mind duffing your life away with free equipment. As an Internet marketer, I would suggest that ANY online game or other enterprise with a biz model as juicy as WGT -- "the first one's free, kid" with escalating costs per "user" longevity -- can, sooner or later, boast some impressive traffic stats.

Know what you do with those traffic stats? You sell advertising out the ying-yang for BIG bucks. WGT is not a missionary outfit offering "free" golf out of the goodness of their highly suspect hearts. Rest assured, they're sitting on an exponential gold mine. But gouge the geese too hard, too much, too often, and you'll see some of them flee the aggrivation.

Trouble is, methinks WGT has reached a critical mass in traffic to where they can afford to piss off 20-30% or more of their long-standing base users (some say "addicts") and still count on their advertising of WGT in Facebook, TV and elsewhere to keep fresh blood circulating and that ol' "unique visitor" traffic log smoking.

As such, I'm sadly not hopeful that WGT will do anything other than keep gouging. It's bad marketing under normal circumstances, but WGT is anything but a normal phenomenon, and we free traffic stats folks are who did it FOR them. Started out like a nice symbiotic enterprize -- free or low cost entertainment in exchange for building an impressive user base. But once a biz can mount a certain critical mass, they can weed out the Po' Boys and whiners with impugnity, while upping their advertising rates and herding in more golden egg geese at the same tme.

It's just too damn bad that WGT has apparenly discovered that rude but disgustingly valid marketing reality. Great game, but ruined by the ability to totally disregard customer satisfaction. Get pissed-off enough at the gouge and leave -- you won't cause a ripple.

It would take some noble character on the part of WGT to reverse the present trend of customer disregard. Hope springs internal (heart), but that other internal organ called 'marketing experience' (gut) just chuckles that sad little chuckle.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 9:12 AM

The opportunity to play is there. Solo or a competition in which players agree to the conditions. That can include players agreeing to a lower level of equipment in the bag.

Maybe a better example is:

There is no obligation for WGT to level the playing field based on income any more than it is Taylor Made and Callaway's obligation to level the playing field for those who can't afford to buy the top clubs in the pro shop. If those people can only afford the Wal-Mart $100 set of Wilsons instead, it is their choice to play the competitions you refer to.

RSS