Forums

Help › Forums

MAX balls

Sun, Sep 14 2014 5:30 PM (199 replies)
  • marks84
    184 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 8:38 PM

WGTadmin2:

Marks84 - we have a technical limitation to enable one to change out the iron set and add more wedges or hybrids.  I would love to do that too but I guess it is hard work...

A "technical limitation" eh... which one?

When this game was designed, and the program for it was written, part of that program included making a full set of irons "required". All that would be required to change the program is to either remove or modify that particular section of the original program. This game is still in beta after however many years it has been... well part of bet-testing is to get feedback and make changes to the game based on your beta testers feedback. I  understand that WGT is a business and as such needs (or at least wants) to make money. That's fine, but since there is reason that implementing this change would cost WGT money, why all the foot dragging? I know I was not the first to suggest allowing us as players to carry any 14 clubs we wished (ok, fine... 13 and a putter). It seems to me that doing this would make good business sense since it would both satisfy your paying customers and encourage them to possibly buy a club or clubs that they might not have otherwise.

And for the record... I would REALLY< REALLY<REALLY like to know what the "technical limitations are.

Marks84

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2012 10:44 PM

rsherb:

These balls are.....

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=3e4cbd4c-cef9-4cee-a8fa-a0bd014bb063

lol always....ALWAYS take the pin out

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 1:19 AM

Here a little story to smile about :

Royal St. George Back

**First Round with a new *Star Ball* closed with one bogey 1 over par.**

**Second round with a *Srixon* closed with 4 under par, hit 80% the *Ding* and missed three birdis very short**

Any Questions..... What else.....

Next time i will do a 9er round with a WGT Starter Ball, closed with all birdis.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:25 PM

Marks, we have been asking for that bag option for so........... long, that I have literally forgotten about asking. LOL. JB

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 12:47 PM

i was given  a  gift the X black ball,  nice gesture ,,,,and yes the meter is super slow....this will help some players ... not me realy , after playing a bit with it ,,,i went back to my regular Nike or Callw,  wow  the meter fast LOL, i  had to ajust  real quick like ,  ....  But this is what  some older players have been asking for , so you can afforded them , i recomend them ,  for  all  that have  meter prob or coordination Prob :) TY  WGT  , it helps all kinds of players .

• Lobsterboy
    4,729 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 4:57 PM

Can't see anyone paying 450 creds for a ball with no backspin WGT . . . def got that one wrong . . . love'n the 600 cred balls though thanks very much! Finally can hit the ding 95% of the time! Just 1 moan though . . . for that price full distance should have been included.

• YankeeAirPirate
    124 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 7:07 PM

"Just 1 moan though . . . for that price full distance should have been included."

I can live with the distance, but for 600 credits, 2 balls of Durability is WAY too short lived.

Hey, WGT, young bucks with lightning reflexes and hand-eye coordination would get bored waiting on the swing meter speed of those MAX balls, so they are not your market for that ball. The MAX ball swing meter speed fits this geriatric, but guess who is more likely to be living on a fixed income, young bucks or olphardts.

Knock that ball cost down to 300 credits and you've got a winner with the 2 balls of Durability rating. But hell, the 500 credit Nike ball has 2.5 balls. 600 credit balls should sport at least 3 balls of Durability. Make it 4 balls of Durability out of consideration of who will be using them and all the pitchforks and torches go away.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:14 PM

I like this guy^

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 8:30 PM

YankeeAirPirate:

"Just 1 moan though . . . for that price full distance should have been included."

I can live with the distance, but for 600 credits, 2 balls of Durability is WAY too short lived.

Hey, WGT, young bucks with lightning reflexes and hand-eye coordination would get bored waiting on the swing meter speed of those MAX balls, so they are not your market for that ball. The MAX ball swing meter speed fits this geriatric, but guess who is more likely to be living on a fixed income, young bucks or olphardts.

Knock that ball cost down to 300 credits and you've got a winner with the 2 balls of Durability rating. But hell, the 500 credit Nike ball has 2.5 balls. 600 credit balls should sport at least 3 balls of Durability. Make it 4 balls of Durability out of consideration of who will be using them and all the pitchforks and torches go away.

Amen!!

• tezzastheman
    1,137 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2012 9:11 PM

These balls are the closest thing to cheating. With the r11 irons and cleveland wedges, the courses are at the mercy. Here comes 40 sumthings being the winning score in every torney now. Better introduce uneven lies quick.

RSS