Forums

Help › Forums

Links(any version) players

Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:33 AM (54 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:48 PM

RUSTY40:
    Plus there is a website that will let you download some great courses. Augusta  was even one. They even upgraded it every time Augusta would change the course.

I followed the Masters on tv one year, hole by hole with the Links version and it was absolutely stunning, at the time. Very accurate.

@Zag-I used to use a 3W and over play a shank to get through that ship.  LOL

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:56 PM

YankeeJim:

RUSTY40:
    Plus there is a website that will let you download some great courses. Augusta  was even one. They even upgraded it every time Augusta would change the course.

I followed the Masters on tv one year, hole by hole with the Links version and it was absolutely stunning, at the time. Very accurate.

@Zag-I used to use a 3W and over play a shank to get through that ship.  LOL

Me2....I was amazed at how accurate some courses were...You could virtually play the entire PGA tour on it because it had so many courses in the rotation.

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:07 AM

The league I was in used to always play the PGA Tour course for that week if it was available and I have many fond memories of playing along with the action on TV. Wish that could happen for this site someday. It's kind of a shame that there's no way to "port" Links courses--I have to be honest, even if the graphics (look) are not that great, the "feel" is captured pretty well. I knew how to play Augusta when I bought last year's Tiger Woods for the Wii because I had seen that course SO MANY times in Links.

Would some sort of Links Flash/Java/web platform of your choosing emulator even be possible? Does MS even have a horse in the virtual golf game race anymore--would they care if someone made an emulator (I'm sure they would).

Just spitballin' here, feel free to tell me I am crazy. I just know I am probably going to spend the weekend digging out my Links disks and firing up my old iMac... (yes, I still have it).

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 5:10 AM

IDK how feasible this is but if WGT was to jump in bed with MS and add the Links courses to the Cabo side of this game they might have something.

• Solid1
    95 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2012 2:43 PM

I thought most trugolf  courses were old links courses .

• JTPaul
    4 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2014 8:39 AM

Hey All

I played MS Golf 3.0 in HH (Harbour Heights) with HHGlenn, HHTurf and the rest and went on to create JT  ;-)

If there are any old JT or HH members or other players who remember me send me an email @ jt_paul@hotmail.com

JT_Paul

• Isurion
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 4:06 PM

Played Links386 then LinksLS since the mid-late 90s.  Was only golf game worth it's salt really.  Was a shame when Access sold it off as thought all was lost.  This place ticks the boxes though.  Most of the old courses back like old friends, a good swing meter system, plus excellent online elements.  

If WGT wasn't built by ex-Access folk I'll eat my niblick.

I was an online tourney player of LS - Old_Salt - and was in the monthly top 100 often, top 20 on occasion. 

Now, where's the Belfry?  :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 14 2015 4:47 PM

The one thing that would make this a killer game would be ICQ.  Skype tries but ICQ was everything you needed to stay in golf touch, just like Links did with all the tours. :-)

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 1:40 AM

i have just purchased LINKS 2003, im hoping it plays better than this mess we are playing now,

sadley cannot get online with it , so i may never know

• Carver327
    91 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2015 4:11 AM

I used to love all the Links games. I actually fired up links 2003 the other day and played a round on Augusta. I never played it competitively, just with a friend occasionally. ICQ is actually still around

http://www.icq.com/en 

I wish everyone would use a chat like ICQ or something similar. It would be a lot easier to get games going in my opinion vs the chat on this website. Skype sucks.

RSS