Forums

Help › Forums

Links(any version) players

Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:33 AM (54 replies)
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 3:55 AM

WojciechMigda:
    This is my old webpage for stats and results from an offline tour run by Wolfgang Beinhauer - Powerstroke with Putting Grid Off.

I remember Wolfgang very fondly.  It was always difficult getting a Powerstroke tour going. So few people would play it as it was far too difficult for most people, or so they said

Even now it's difficult to get a turnout or more than 10 players a month so if any of you did Powerstroke and still fancy playing, hop over to http://web.bethere.co.uk/psl/PSL2005/seniors-index.htm  We laughingly call it the Seniors tour as a lot of us are and also we keep it to 3 tour rounds and a handicapped medal each month apart from the majors that have 4 rounds so it doesn't tire us out

Mick

• shaghar
    514 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:20 PM

it was a fantastic Golf game , always alot to do , not to mention the Links Golf Community was fantastic , just a real shame the game got outdated , and Access / Microsoft gave it away. I still am a member of the Masters Mailing List , that still gets played , not sure how much but its always good to see something thats been around for so long still kicking ...   

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 4:21 PM

Back in the very early '90s, I helped setup tournaments for the Golfcom site.  Then, when it dissolved, I started my own site, The Golf Connection.  It ran for about three years.

The Golf Connection

Warren

• JesterG
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jun 7 2010 3:57 PM

Hey Shaggs. long time no see.

Its Gazza mate.

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 3:46 PM

Bumping this ancient thread because I did a search for Links Pro and this came up. I played Links Pro for years and was one of the few who did so on a Mac back then. We had a great group though and eventually someone launched a site called Links Golf Community (LGC). It was awesome with ladders and all, but sometimes I wish I had just bought a PC to play with all the big boys. I picked up playing Powerstroke when that came out and loved the challenge of it. It was also awesome when the course designer came out and all the courses people made for PC worked in the Mac version as well. Anyone else remember playing crazy courses like "Rivendell"?

I do think this game is easier to play with some Links experience!

• Westview
    31 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 4:29 PM

I played Links from 2004 - 2008 with the same user name Westview.   I played some RTS but mostly Pro Classic Swing with an average of  -12.88.  Was a lot of fun back then playing online at Greenkeeps site with Higgi...Lacers...terrell...and many other players.  I still drop by the Links site every so often to see what's new. Skeleton Coast was my favorite course :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 4:37 PM

Westview:
    Skeleton Coast was my favorite course :)

Remember Devil's Island?  :-)

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 5:34 PM

Played Links Links: The Challenge of Golf in 1989 or 90 then upgraded to Links 386 Pro in 1992 then Links LS 1998 for Windows 95. 

aren't these great graphics

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 6:56 PM

DannyPhan:

aren't these great graphics

Are you serious Danny:)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:19 PM

PRIESTESS:

DannyPhan: