Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:33 AM (54 replies)
  • brhthecarpenter
    333 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:21 PM

at least he,s got fans cheerin him on

• AiricR
    135 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 7:23 PM

I was an addict back then and actually just downloaded the game a month ago and laughed a bit because we used to think that was AWSOME stuff back then. I did the cases ladder and played all the time.

And you are correct. they still look better than CABO here

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 8:26 PM

I used to play Links 2003.   They made several improvements with hi res textures, upto 1024*1024.  For those who want to look at obtaining new courses try the following link.

http://linkscorner.org/courses/index.php

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 9:33 PM

I also played Links 2003 and loved the game.It featured six courses and Real Time Swing which was pretty cool!

An extra 20 course expansion set was also made available which was a real treat at the time.

Haven't felt the need to play it though since joining WGT, as I'm sure it would pale in comparison..

Having said that, there were quite a few features that appeared on Links 2003 that WGT could emulate and improve this great game..just can't remember many of them now after so long lol :)

• Shape5
    18 Posts
    Wed, Feb 1 2012 10:23 PM

Links is what I grew up on.  I still have all my links courses including the very rare Pebble Beach Course on floppy.  I think I have just about every course they made, even Firestone.  I still have the version w/Bobcat Goldwidth.  Brings back some memories

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:58 AM

The graphics seemed pretty good back then - sometime back in the early 90s, as far as I recall, in my case. That Devil's Island, which Jim mentioned, where there was a trick to driving through the rigging of a pirate ship and so on.... Firestone was a toughie, Banff Springs was the prettiest course, a desert course also I can't remember the name of - ah, yes, Bighorn. There were lots of them.

I originally found WGT by chance, while searching for the Links game online. It was weird that the game just disappeared - or was killed off - but I thought that the software might be available somewhere online.

That said, I way prefer WGT to Links any day.

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 5:59 AM

DannyPhan:

Played Links Links: The Challenge of Golf in 1989 or 90 then upgraded to Links 386 Pro in 1992 then Links LS 1998 for Windows 95. 

aren't these great graphics

Pity WGT couldn't add a few people to make the Open tournaments more realistic.

You should put these pics in product suggestion, maybe a thing for the future

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 2:22 PM

Boy do those screenshots bring back some memories! 

• RUSTY40
    255 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:42 PM

Plus there is a website that will let you download some great courses. Augusta  was even one. They even upgraded it every time Augusta would change the course.

Here are some of the courses you could play (SOME BY DOWNLOADING)

COG HILL  (BMW)- OAKLAND HILLS-TPC SAWGRASS-TURNBERRY-COLONIAL-QUAIL HOLLOW-DORAL BLUE MONSTER-RIVIERA-MUIRFIELD VILLAGE-TPC SCOTTSDALE-TPC BOSTON-ETC

Check it out--->

http://linkscorner.org/courses/index.php?SearchType=All

They even have Augusta's Par 3 course

They have over 1700 selections..Some are fantasy courses...

Don't know how but I think you can design courses too....

• Solid1
    95 Posts
    Thu, Feb 2 2012 4:47 PM

Whats funny is that we have to pay a 100 credits a round when a new trugolf course comes out that we played for free all that time.

RSS