Forums

Help › Forums

This Game Cheats!

Thu, Dec 16 2010 5:08 AM (39 replies)
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 6:28 PM

PureWhiPlasH:

My mom always told me when i was young that "If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything" this would be one of those times!!!

Your mom obviously didn't believe in freedom of speech, liberty, and/or justice. Some times "not so nice" things need to be said in the pursuit of righteousness. Not to worry though.. WGT doesn't handle criticism well. It just deletes it! LMAO!! Stellar business strategy for such a "small" establishment.

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 5:58 AM

Stryder1261:

This Game CHEATS !

on Bethpage Black I was even Par going to # 14.

I hit my drive to the center of the fairway and had  166 yds to the hole with a 10 mph wind supposedly at my back.

I used a 6  iron shot which can go 165 yds and put a small amount of spin on the ball which should have been to the center of green or just past it and I hit it perfect where swing meter says excellent !!!  only my shot traveled 130 yds and ended up in the bunker short !! EXPLAIN THAT !!!!

Its not the putting on WGT but the fact that certain holes are programmed obviously to put you into trouble and that gets frustrating!!!

It's kind of like the real game of golf, isn't it.  The real game cheats sometimes also.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 6:21 AM

@smason,

Everyone is entitled to have their say - for sure.

If you have an issue or a criticism - then for heavens sake be constructive. Dont just off load on WGT because you have a beef !! You can get your message across without having to be rude.

As far as WGT not handling criticism well - I dont see that. Posts are deleted for a very good reason - generally someone oversteps the mark. 

If your posts are constructive, polite and to the point - then you wont have any problems.

Unfortunately - I see so many posts that really are just personal rants, and unfortunately they are not going to acheive anything.

Do yourself a favour, and help yourself first - before you go off.

jmho

Happy hitting

Cheers

Doug

• oursien
    5 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 8:48 AM

Who do you blame when you screw up on a real course?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Sun, May 9 2010 9:34 AM

you have add club for uphill shots, but this game is a little exagerated with some of the approach shots, if you hit a high ball like the better irons allow, a 180yd shot to the green should be possible with a club rated to go 190yds.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Mon, May 10 2010 5:01 PM

oursien:

Who do you blame when you screw up on a real course?

IRL tournament play I always blame it on my neck. =)

In practice/leisure play I usually blame it on the "sauce".

Then again.. my real life swing meter doesn't tend to pause right when I'm about to release the club. ;) lol.

I guess I must be one of the few human beings out here that sometimes has a bad day... or i'm the only one who feels it's okay to express it. Either way.. i'm right! (:

• atadad
    14 Posts
    Tue, May 11 2010 10:46 PM

You are talking about 15 I will presume.Only the hardest hole on the planet. Your best chance for par there would have been lay up into the end of the fairway, aim slightly long and left, hit a 54 or 60 wedge with backspin hit it prefect you should be just below the hole when you get to the green. Just gotta make the putt.

Because from 166 yds. with 10 mph tail wind , you have 35 to 40 feet of elevation so you have to get it up there . a 5 might clear the front, but you will never stop it . Then from the back of the green your putt will be back off the front no matter what you do.

You cant play every hole as a birdie hole. Lay up now and again and play some of the monsters for par, and the birdies will come. And maybe some of the frustration will go.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 10:05 AM

No, it came from the book Lord of the Rings! Do you hunt drhntr on BB Mountain?

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Thu, May 13 2010 10:13 AM

Thanks to all for the positive advice and the one's with no advice !  And it was #15 on BP, I will use the tips given and appreciate it. May the wind be at your back and your ball always find the short grass

• MArtyHD2003
    1 Posts
    Fri, May 21 2010 5:50 AM

Yea I have noticed a few glitches in this game as well.

Maybe the ball fail short because you are weak and even a perfect swing falls short. Or maybe it is the humidity... or maybe you forgot to wash your ball after you hit it in to the mud.

Or maybe WGT wants you to go buy a set of those nice new clubs and some balls to go with them ho yea this game is easier to play if you have some nice new PING clubs.

RSS